***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am NOT upset at all by Mack being traded. I am fine with it; it needed to be done, maybe should have been done last year. I agree with the move generally.

I am not even pissed at the compensation, per se.

What I am DEEPLY concerned about is what this move tells me about Poles: he's a limp dick negotiator who's going to be dunked on routinely by other more experienced GMs, keeping the Bears down.

Yes, it frees up money next year, but if you look at what cutting Mack and designating him as a post June 1 cut next year, you will see it doesn't save much money. Effectively, this GM sold extremely low. The fact that Mack has played 9 more games in the past 3 years than Vonn Miller, is younger, and despite playing in 8 less games this year had just 3.5 less sacks, and yet Miller fetched more on an expiring deal is beyond pathetic.

Poles really couldn't even get the 6th to be this year? LMFAO.

I am sorry, in my view, you're a meatball if youre upset that Mack was traded, period, but you're also one if you're jumping for joy at the ineptitude of our front offices negotiation skills. I can't wait to lose our shirt on the next trade.

Von Miller had a 722k cap hit. Mack has cap hits of around 17.75m, 22.9m and 23.25m.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Von Miller was on an EXPIRING DEAL, how do you not understand that

the Rams wouldnt have traded for Mack because of the money owed to him the next few seasons

Bear fans are fucking stupid
Lmao, bro, there is an objective measuring stick. A worse, older, and more injury prone player was traded for SIGNIFICANTLY more. Significantly.

Anyone saying that the Miller deal is an unfair measuring stick is fucking moronic. It's okay to be critical of the Bears instead of sticking your head up their ass. They got bent over and fucked raw

Visionman

Liked Posts:
There's no guarantee you get more during the season, and then you also have to wait an extra year for the pick which is the equivalent of a round lower.
Add to that the chance of Mack being injured yet again, or showing signs of decline…

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bruh, the Bears dead cap hit is the Guaranteed money all paid this season instead of being spread out throughout the remainder of his years

The Bears were always going to pay that. The salary is paid by the Chargers

It was already paid by the Bears as it is signing bonus. So they arent actually paying 24m this year. They 24m they paid out in SB is just getting allocated to this year.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
yes rather than just looking at the statistical data and using common sense let's just say "HEY MAYBE MACK WANTED OUT AND IF HE WAS IN I SWEAR TO GOD DUDE THE BEARS WOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER 1 IN THE LEAGUE IN SACKS INSTEAD OF 4 AND OH MY GOD THEY WOULD HAVE WON 8 GAMES LAST YEAR I SWEAR IT" you are literally Special person seek help through family or professional means
rather than just looking at the statistical data

DAMN DORK, you fucking stat lover. Stats doesnt tell the game of what the player is, maybe you and some others cant remember shit but instead ya'll use stats to defend your weak shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We payin him 24 mil and he not even on this team anymore. Plus it's money the bears can use RIGHT NOW.

No they can't. He would have counted 30m against the cap. Now he only counts 24m so they gained 6m in cap space by trading him. The 24m is a sunk cost that was already paid by the Bears in previous years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The concept that contract status and salary weigh into the equation of what draft compensation you get back in a trade is lost on many people here.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bro you don’t understand how it works lmao. Backloading a deal doesn’t mean they play for free this season, just that they get more money in the next seasons.
and then we dont want that player because he fucking sucks..see Quinn pre 2021. (y):poop:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How much? Apparently they were over, adjusted and signed him. Mack will have like 14 TO 15 sacks, while we use the pick to hold up a bench spot
So you wanted the bears to push cap into the future to sign FAs and maybe go like 8-9 or 9-8 and be a contender for a final playoff spot and first round exit? Packers pushed money into the future for a chance at a super bowl.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like how after 25 years of pathetic drafts, Bears fans get wet over draft picks. U get rid of a premier pass rusher for a 2nd and 6th lol

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
What would you be willing to take for Quinn? I would be okay with a high 3rd but hoping for a 2nd. Wouldn't do it for less than a 3rd. Still need a pass rush and deal not as backloaded as Mack's.
I would be disappointed with anything less than a 2nd round pick because he is coming off a monster season.

The draft compensation for Mack was discounted because he was injured last season and his contract was absurd (Pace messed that up).

Quinn was healthy and almost all his guaranteed money has been paid. Very different situation IMO.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you wanted the bears to push cap into the future to sign FAs and maybe go like 8-9 or 9-8 and be a contender for a final playoff spot and first round exit? Packers pushed money into the future for a chance at a super bowl.
Again, in the last 25 years, please name all these studs we drafted....because I can name a ton of 1st and 2nd round bums.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't think that will be the case. I see Poles signing tier 2 and below FA's this year to modest contracts and saving splash moves for next season.
wow, thats too much hope. Poles poled us already.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Again, in the last 25 years, please name all these studs we drafted....because I can name a ton of 1st and 2nd round bums.
I'm not really concerned about who pace, emery, Angelo and so on drafted. Thanks for your thoughts though

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
has the guy had 14 TO in his whole career? the kid is just being an idiot for the sake of being an idiot. this is what happens when someone comes in and tries to fix this fucked up franchise. "NOT THE PLAYER ON POSTER OUTSIDE STADIUM, OH NO, HE GOOD, HE IMPORTANT FOR US TO WIN 7 GAMES NEXT YEAR, WE NEED! FORGET PROTECTING OUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET AND GIVING HIM PEOPLE TO CATCH THE BALL. KEEP THE WHOLE GOD DAMN PASS RUSH AND FORGET THAT WE SIGNED A DEFENSIVE COACH WHO SHOULD BE MORE THAN FINE FIGURING IT OUT WITH WHAT WE HAVE"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@Aesopian @Mighty Joe Young and possibly @Spitta Andretti along with other posters on CCS thinks MACK is washed up.
What the fuck does washed up even mean? I know what it means to me, but those three (maybe not @Spitta Andretti but certainly the other two) are idiots, so I'm sure they have some dumbass opinion on it.

I'd be willing to bet, without ever being in the position to find out, they probably could have gotten a better return from another team, but would have had to eat some of his contract.

The fact is whatever decline people think he's in now will only be worse by the time this team will be competing.

So do you want to chance that a guy who hasn't been healthy the past few seasons (of course he hasn't been healthy, because we're not allowed to have nice thing) returns to be the shitwrecker he can be, or do you want to get nothing for him? For me, the sooner this team gets away from some of the wreckage from the Ryan Pace reign of terror the better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Designating anyone a June 1 cut doesn’t save anything. It just pushes half the cap hit to the next season.

Not half. The portion of the SB that relates to future years. The portion that related to current year is what counts this year. Thag ends up being half a lot of times because a lot of people are cut with 2 years left.