***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was already paid by the Bears as it is signing bonus. So they arent actually paying 24m this year. They 24m they paid out in SB is just getting allocated to this year.

yeah, pretty much what i was saying

the only thing the bears are paying is guaranteed money on the contract that was spread out throughout it. they paid the money but spread the hit through the length of it. theyre just getting the penalty out of the way this season with the dead cap hit and are off the hook next year. i dont see how this is looked at as a bad thing

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Sthu....you been sitting around on a 25 year rebuild and sit and talk about future lmfao
what else do you talk about it here on this situation? do we just say hey fuck it Calabis let's keep being mediocre with limited assets and see what happens? what is your point? what is the loss to this team without Mack at this point? we have huge holes across the board. pass rusher is NOT one of them and when your highest paid pass rusher contributed next to nothing for it it is probably a good time to unload him for what you can get

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Where are you getting that from? Because Chicago Bears Salary Cap | Over the Cap shows designating him as a post June 1 cut next year would free up nearly 23m of his 28.5 m cap hit next year.

The only reference to 24m is related to his dead cap hit this year.
They saved 6.5 m this year and basically 6 million next year (as they would have cut him and designated him as a post June 1 cut). So, 12.5m total in cap space.

In return, the Bears got a 2nd and a 6th a year from now. The 6th next year is so funny because Adam fucking Shaheen fetched a 6th in that years draft; not the next
None of his salary moving forward was guaranteed, so trading him this off season vs cutting him next off season gets you a 2nd and 6th and provides an additional $17.75M in cap space moving forward
1646960967936.png

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What the fuck does washed up even mean? I know what it means to me, but those three (maybe not @Spitta Andretti but certainly the other two) are idiots, so I'm sure they have some dumbass opinion on it.

I'd be willing to bet, without ever being in the position to find out, they probably could have gotten a better return from another team, but would have had to eat some of his contract.

The fact is whatever decline people think he's in now will only be worse by the time this team will be competing.

So do you want to chance that a guy who hasn't been healthy the past few seasons (of course he hasn't been healthy, because we're not allowed to have nice thing) returns to be the shitwrecker he can be, or do you want to get nothing for him? For me, the sooner this team gets away from some of the wreckage from the Ryan Pace reign of terror the better.
I'd take them chances, I totally would because if Mack comes back to form, Justin gets the ball in his hands more often. If not, we trade his ass off mid season to some team desperate for help and fleece them instead.
I just dont see Mack as a bum or being mediocre, he has some real good goals to chase after for his career.

BTW i named my new puppy spitty.

Username

Liked Posts:
And there it is boys and girls, the Shit Show has begun! Poles, got fucked and we lost our best player on the D. Combine this with the Bears bringing back the failed experiment of the Cover-who/what/where, and there isn't a reason to watch/follow/or invest any time in this team.
But we will anyway...... Try again, hope for the best.

Last edited:

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I didn’t know people were actually upset about losing Mack, I thought there was just disagreement on the return. Kind of a head scratcher that people think he was going to be an integral part of a turnaround.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmao, bro, there is an objective measuring stick. A worse, older, and more injury prone player was traded for SIGNIFICANTLY more. Significantly.

Anyone saying that the Miller deal is an unfair measuring stick is fucking moronic. It's okay to be critical of the Bears instead of sticking your head up their ass. They got bent over and fucked raw

Miller has more sacks the past 3 years than Mack. He also has played more games than Mack so not sure how he is more injury prone. Miller has missed 4 games in 7 years. That is less than Mack has missed this past year.

And again Miller cost 722k. Mack will cost 17.75m next year. So pretty much nothing you said makes sense.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And there it is boys and girls, the Shit Show has begun! Poles, got fucked and we lost our best player on the D. Combine this with the Bears bringing back the failed experiment of the Cover-who/what/where, and there isn't a reason to watch/follow/or invest any time in this time.
But we will anyway...... Try again, hope for the best.
you forgot cover none!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Then they should have traded Mack midseason.

Also, you left out the part where it's because we have a limp dick negotiator
LTFOL, he was on IR mid season

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not half. The portion of the SB that relates to future years. The portion that related to current year is what counts this year. Thag ends up being half a lot of times because a lot of people are cut with 2 years left.
When you cut a player, all bonus money immediately hits the cap. So hypothetically If you have a player with 3 years/ 30 mil left on his contract, it would be a 30m cap hit. If you designate him for June 1st, it would be 15m this season, and 15m the next.

The point is though, there are no savings on bonus money paid already. It hits the cap no matter what.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, in the last 25 years, please name all these studs we drafted....because I can name a ton of 1st and 2nd round bums.

You realize what happened the last 25 years has fuck all do with Poles. A new GM doesnt devalue draft picks because others before him fucked up. That is absurd logic.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
2023 is setup for Poles to get a QB if Feids shits the bed,guarantee they go in a different direction if Justin dosent improve drastically

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Miller has more sacks the past 3 years than Mack. He also has played more games than make so not sure how he is more injury. Miller has missed 4 games in 7 years. That is less than Mack has missed this past year.

And again Miller cost 722k. Mack will cost 17.75m next year. So pretty much nothing you said makes sense.
Bears also get $6mil in cap space that Denver didn't get when they traded Miller, which is good for the first year of a very good free agent acquisition.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lmao, bro, there is an objective measuring stick. A worse, older, and more injury prone player was traded for SIGNIFICANTLY more. Significantly.

Anyone saying that the Miller deal is an unfair measuring stick is fucking moronic. It's okay to be critical of the Bears instead of sticking your head up their ass. They got bent over and fucked raw

Miller wouldnt have gotten traded there if he wasnt on an expiring contract

So the Rams paid a 2nd and a 3rd to rent a player. They didnt trade for him with the goal to keep him because hes still trying to get paid

Mack is already paid and whoever traded for him was on the hook for his salary

but please continue on with how they were similar situations

Visionman

Liked Posts:
2023 is setup for Poles to get a QB if Feids shits the bed,guarantee they go in a different direction if Justin dosent improve drastically
It will certainly be likely. But let’s not go there just yet…