***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get why we made this trade, but it still sucks seeing an elite talent like Mack leave.
He's still elite for sure, but he is not going to be wrecking every down like he was in 2018., rotational player like Hicks they can still get a few very good years out of him.. especially with Bosa. That line will be fun to watch.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Mack’s cap hit with the Bears was slated to be $30.2 million in 2022, $28.5 million in 2023 and $26.3 million in 2024. With the Chargers taking on the entirety of his contract, it frees up plenty of cap space in 2023 and beyond as Poles looks to build his roster around quarterback Justin Fields.

Looking ahead to the 2023 season, the Bears get an additional $28.5 million in cap space, which moves their 2023 cap from $92.9 million to roughly $121 million for the 2023 season, per OverTheCap. Granted, there are only 18 players currently under contract in 2023. Still, it allows Poles the freedom to build his roster moving forward.
Bears still will have $24m in dead money from bonuses on their cap this year. Chargers take the $63 still owed to Mack over the next three years.

I know the Bears get lots of cap relief in 2023.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Bears still will have $24m in dead money from bonuses on their cap this year. Chargers take the $63 still owed to Mack over the next three years.

I know the Bears get lots of cap relief in 2023.
Garafollo on good morning football was saying it clears $6 million in cap space but it frees up $17 million for them to use...any idea what that means or is he just talking out of his ass?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Garafollo on good morning football was saying it clears $6 million in cap space but it frees up $17 million for them to use...any idea what that means or is he just talking out of his ass?
He is wrong. The $17 goes to the Chargers, but the bonus that would have been prorated over the next three years all becomes dead cap this year.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think it's a good business move. I think we are going to be bad this year. (Not tank) lol. I think this year is building the team, getting used to new system, and getting someone to build a connection with Feilds on O. Next year we will have a ton of Cap room and most likely a pretty high draft pick. I think next year will be our year to spend big once the front office knows what they have and what we need.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Burrows picked #1 overall in 2020
Chase picked 5th overall in 2021...
I doubt bears will go full on Tank mode to get lucky as the bengals did, this team will be desperate to win some games each season while poles and ebutt is here trying really hard to keep their jobs.

Its becoming "a thing" on this board of late, to hate on Justin Fields... or at the very least, call him into question. Not me. I believe the guy has elite skills, elite leadership ability and elite toughness.... and he is smart. I think he will hit, and hit big!! Mark it down, quote me on that in the years to come.

I saw a guy who did not play at all in pre-season with the unit that was thrown at him in the regular season. A guy with ZERO chemistry with his receivers for most of the season until eventually starting to make a connection with Mooney. I saw a guy lacking true difference makers on offense to throw to minus Mooney who is still developing and again, someone who Fields not given much a chance to develop chemistry with. I saw a guy with no Oline and no quick outlets in the passing game to ease the pressure of having no Oline.... while playing with an Oline that could care less that its QB was getting smashed. I saw a guy who was clearly not being coached properly by this coaching staff.... AND DESPITE ALL OF THIS.... I saw a guy competing every week.... taking massive shots and getting back up.... I saw a guy, despite being under constant pressure, make some ELITE throws and show innate ability to be a playmaker........... and I saw it all from a guy who was the tender age of 20 fricken 2!

Take that guy, remedy the problems outlined above (which Poles seems determined to do) and throw in a new weapon or two.... and watch out!!!

Kahlil Mack was not on the field much of the time anyway. The defense you saw for the last few years was a defense that performed good enough without Mack. If Poles can make a few moves, if Flus can work his magic on the defense, and if Fields takes the jump that I think he is going to make -- you are looking at a team with a legit chance of making the playoffs within the next 2 years.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I hope the best for Mack except vs Bears......I like the trade and not sorry to see him go. The main reason being, Mack f*"k'n sucked vs the run! He was definitely part of the problem why some teams rushed for 150-200 yards vs the Bears. Like it or not, he was a "push over" in Run Defense. Yea, he did get his sacks, most when it didn't matter, but he's a liability in the run game. Let's see who Da Bears draft at #48 and see how that player works, who Da Bears sign in FA the next three years with "Mack Money" and how well Gipson plays at DE. I, for one, believe Gipson has double digit sack ability. That's right, I said it!.....lol. You guys can thank me later for my insight.......lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You don't even know which version of "to, too, or two" to use here. JFC.
to or too, yeah i make that mistake time to time but who gives a fuck???
It's the internet, Maybe I dont give a fuck about satisfying you too. Unlike you, I'm not writing a fucking book that nobody will read.

Let me point out something, I just now noticed you actually when on a N E G spree on me last week after that post, lmao...wtf wrong with you?

Last edited: