***OFFICAIL*** Khalil Mack Traded To Chargers For 2023 2nd & 6th Round Pick

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what ?

The Rams trade was made mid season as the Rams pushed all their chips to the middle of table for a SB run . There are no teams as desperate to take on 20+ million per year in March so if you find someone willing to do it you have to listen and you are not gonna get some huge allotment of assets from it .

Its a salary dump something many claimed couldn't be done for Mack or Quinns deals
No, people were saying there is no way Mack was worth a 1st or multiple 1sts with his contract.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't love a 2nd and a 6th, but I do love getting rid of his contract.

If this team was a playoff contender in its current state, I'd hate to lose Mack. But it was necessary. I like the Chargers, so I'll still be rooting for him in the AFC. Thanks for all those beast sacks.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He still should have gotten as much in return as Von Miller. Mack is better than Von Miller at this point in their careers.
That's very debatable. Miller is older, but has been HOF level productive throughout this career. Both have had injury issues but Miller is still more productive when on the field. Now, I'f we are talking about the explosive Mack from two years ago, I'd be right there with you.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It is going to all come down to if the Bears were able to clear his salary from the books. That is going to be the difference. Mack should have been traded but with the return in compensation, hopefully this means that his salary is now with the Chargers. IF so, I think the Bears would be leaders for having the most space available next season.
They can't. The $24m is all in signing bonus and restructure, which isn't transferrable.

They will get $6m this year. But next year they are now $30m better off.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Quick thoughts:

- it's a good move for the Bears. Mack is coming off an injury, wrong side of 30 and had 3 very expensive seasons on the books.
- can't compare to the Miller deal. Miller was last year of his contract, so there's no long term liability being taken on by the recieving team (Rams). Since Mack has an expensive deal tied to him that lowers what you should expect back.
- 2022 2nd will potentially get you a good edge rusher. This draft is full of them, so might be able to get a younger, cheaper player along the DL.
- I'd be talking to ppl about Quinn as well. Only difference is that he's coming off a great season and is materially cheaper. There's a chance Quinn might get more in a trade.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
That's very debatable. Miller is older, but has been HOF level productive throughout this career. Both have had injury issues but Miller is still more productive when on the field. Now, I'f we are talking about the explosive Mack from two years ago, I'd be right there with you.
This was before it was posed that the Chargers are taking on his entire contract. Huge difference and thank god. That is the most important part. Good trade for the Bears.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I loved watching Mack wear the Navy and Orange. Will miss him. If we are going to play modern football, this was a good trade. I've watched this team for decades and live and die with them every year. So mostly die. It's time to start spending the money on the offensive side of the football. This team has been lopsided in favor of the defense since the 80's. I want to see what it looks like to have large contracts at skill positions and a good offensive line for a change.