Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How much? Apparently they were over, adjusted and signed him. Mack will have like 14 TO 15 sacks, while we use the pick to hold up a bench spot
So you are predicting him having his best season he has ever had by far, coming off a serious injury, at age 31.

Seems legit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trade value the Bears did end up getting more for Mack than the Broncos got for Miller.

Pick 48 = 420 points.
The 6th round pick will be between 5 and 18 points.

Broncos got pick 64 and 96.

64 = 270 points
96 = 116 points

2022 NFL Trade Value Chart
That’s a good point I didn’t think of. I guess that’s the advantage trading in offseason vs in season you know exactly what you’re getting

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
There's no guarantee you get more during the season, and then you also have to wait an extra year for the pick which is the equivalent of a round lower.
Right, but here in lies the crux of my entire point:

The risk-reward ratio favors waiting. There is a market set. They settled for far below it. They likely could have gotten more with a little patience. If not, they still wouldn't be significantly harmed. They'd still have 90+m in cap space next season. Worst case, he's on your team. Best case, higher compensation that favors the team. Or, you could take compensation well below market to move on.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
A lot easier to trade a guy on a big contract at the beginning of the year than it is to trade him mid-season. That's why I'm perfectly fine with them trading him now. At least now, a plan has been established. Whether it ends up being a good plan or a bad one, we'll see. Hope they're able to move Quinn and Jackson next.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2023 is setup for Poles to get a QB if Feids shits the bed,guarantee they go in a different direction if Justin dosent improve drastically
kirk cousins...⚰️.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Right, but here in lies the crux of my entire point:

The risk-reward ratio favors waiting. There is a market set. They settled for far below it. They likely could have gotten more with a little patience. If not, they still wouldn't be significantly harmed. They'd still have 90+m in cap space next season. Worst case, he's on your team. Best case, higher compensation that favors the team. Or, you could take compensation well below market to move on.
No it doesn't. And no, there is no market set. They actually got more for Mack than the Broncos did for Miller per the trade value chart as was just posted above.

What do you think the market is for a player of his age with his contract coming of a season ending injury?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They saved 6.5 m this year and basically 6 million next year (as they would have cut him and designated him as a post June 1 cut). So, 12.5m total in cap space.

In return, the Bears got a 2nd and a 6th a year from now. The 6th next year is so funny because Adam fucking Shaheen fetched a 6th in that years draft; not the next
So they get the 2023 6th that they traded for J.Grant.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So they get the 2023 6th that they traded for J.Grant.

Can't wait till we use that pick on some random scrub WR we all nutride for 3 months only to see him get sent to die on the practice squad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When you cut a player, all bonus money immediately hits the cap. So hypothetically If you have a player with 3 years/ 30 mil left on his contract, it would be a 30m cap hit. If you designate him for June 1st, it would be 15m this season, and 15m the next.

The point is though, there are no savings on bonus money paid already. It hits the cap no matter what.

No if he is June 1, the cap hit this year would be 10m ie the portion of the SB that related to to this year. The cap hit next year would be 20m ie the portion that originally would have been allocated as 10m in 2023 and 10m in 2024.1646960967936.png

In Mack's case the he had 12.4m allocated as bonus money this year so that is what would have been his cap hit this year if post June 1. Then the bonus for the other 3 years of 11.6m combined would hit in 2023.

His bonus was not allocated evenly as it is multiple bonuses that had different starting points as he had an initial SB but also then converted salary into SB a couple of times after so the 12.4m was the last year of his initial SB.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are predicting him having his best season he has ever had by far, coming off a serious injury, at age 31.

Seems legit.
Nope...I predicting it, because he played with injury 2020 and led league b4 opting for surgery...also don't mind trading him... but for a late 2nd?

Sorry for ebonics driving

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And Miller was out the entire season before he was traded. What's your point? Mack has been much healthier than Miller and is not coming off an ACL injury.
You said they should have traded him midseason. The next player traded for during the season while being out for the season will be the first ever in NFL history. You completely missed the point of the post you responded to.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
come work for me and i'll pay you next year. ?
620300c7-9a85-4096-b06b-97f2d1570c7e_text.gif

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You said they should have traded him midseason. The next player traded for during the season while being out for the season will be the first ever in NFL history. You completely missed the point of the post you responded to.
I was talking about trading him this year mid year, not last.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize what happened the last 25 years has fuck all do with Poles. A new GM doesnt devalue draft picks because others before him fucked up. That is absurd logic.
It is absurd...just like acting like, we finally got it right, that is absurd too. Ur like a battered wife...u keep getting ur ass kicked, but one day u hope they will stop drinking and finally love u back