***OFFICAIL** Larry Ogunjobi Fails Physical - Bears Refuse to Sign

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Fuck your unicorn Eberflus, make it work with the players you have on defense, you know, like you said yourself in the press conference.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Now they can use that $$ on someone else.... is there anyone left?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hahaha!

Where's all the CCS message board heros who were praising Poles free agency, officially a disaster now lol
Agreeing to a contract with a very good player at a position of need and then not signing that guy because he can't pass a physical, which part of that is a "disaster?" Seems like he is playing it to perfection, on top of that he then signs a guy to fill that same role, which may in the long run end up being a better move on several levels. We have vastly different definitions of disaster.
I have a feeling you are the type that overuses that word, like "Mom, I dropped my freezy pop , this is a disaster" or " Gamgam, I had boom boom in my shorts, life is a disaster."

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This is not a good look for Poles.
Got sooper horny for a player that was injured/unhealthy? Offered 40 million?

And player fails physical?
Bad player. Bad money. Not a good start.

Offers deal to a player in Equestridamus st. Brown? a player who couldn't "break through" on a team in dire need of playmakers, with arguably the best quarterback in the league? And that guy is supposed to come in and automatically produce with Justin Feilds? Not a good start.

Brian Pringles? A guy on a team with so many playmakers, he accidently got a half thousand yards? And he is supposed to be better in Chicago?

The packers 7th best O lineman? He so good, the Packers let him walk to a rival!?!?!?! Not a good start.

Mike Elderflust? Who? The Colts DC? So we switch from an aging 3-4 to a 4-3 with aging 3-4 players? Not a good start.

Bears 3-14. #calledit

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Offers deal to a player in Equestridamus st. Brown? a player who couldn't "break through" on a team in dire need of playmakers, with arguably the best quarterback in the league? And that guy is supposed to come in and automatically produce with Justin Feilds? Not a good start.

Brian Pringles? A guy on a team with so many playmakers, he accidently got a half thousand yards? And he is supposed to be better in Chicago?

The packers 7th best O lineman? He so good, the Packers let him walk to a rival!?!?!?! Not a good start.

Mike Elderflust? Who? The Colts DC? So we switch from an aging 3-4 to a 4-3 with aging 3-4 players? Not a good start.

Bears 3-14. #calledit

I’m going to say 4-13 since we switched to a 4-3.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
The Bears needed to reload, that's for sure. It needed to be done last year. With that said, I am looking at Poles with a critical eye.

• Trading Mack for a song;
  • Signing a dude that's injured as his premier FA and having to subsequently void the contract (I get it, it's not his fault, but it's not a good look)
  • Letting Nichols go for cheap
  • Letting Robinson sign a sweet heart deal with LAR
We have next to no lineman and a bunch of bodies at WR, except MAYBE Mooney who is probably a high end WR2

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Bears 3-14. #calledit
I’m going to say 4-13 since we switched to a 4-3.

well played

msadows

Liked Posts:
Good.

Didn't give too much care about the signing in the first place. Sure, he might be good, but I feel like if we spend big on a single player this offseason it shouldnt be on defense....

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Does that mean they get a leg up on a comp pick>?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Tecumseh would be proud of the job Poles is doing, that’s for sure.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Who is going to compensate me for the Larry Ogunjobi jersey I bought for my daughter Virginia? I put it on a high interest credit card.

seabear

Liked Posts:
It is impressive that they had a backup plan that they pulled the trigger on immediately. That at least gives me some confidence that they are working a plan. Obviously, it would have been better if the guy had passed his physical and turned into a beast in the middle but I'm just trying to get a read on Poles at the moment and I see more positive than negative from this fiasco.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Bears probably should take a shot on a few younger free agents and maybe somebody pans out as a player. Extend Quan, and think about extending Monty and Mooney as well with some front loaded contracts.

At this point, no need to burn up money on a player just to go from 4 wins to 6 wins unless you really see them as part of your long term plan.

Intended or not, its a full blown rebuild at this point.