*OFFICAIL* Press Conference Thread 1/31

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I've been away for a min but in catching up on front page threads, @Mighty Joe Young was anti-shanahan until he watched some 9ers playoffs games? or did he change his opinion when he found out on twitter that Getsy is from the Shanahan tree?
He doesn’t watch the games. All he does on here is advertise his blah blah blog

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyway, I am calling it now - these guys are going to have the Bears winning playoff games by 2023, and I am expecting a huge turnaround as soon as this upcoming season.

Fuck it all, I'm sold.
I think it rides on Fields. If he’s the guy, then yeah I believe Poles is competent enough to fill out the roster and Flus will be good enough to win some games.

If Fields busts or turns out below average, I’m not sold Flus is the guy that could overcome that

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hey moron...he initiated the response. What's really moronic is u initiating contact with me vs putting on ignore.
You got caught with ur pants down...and you're mad like 1st grader ( no disrespect to 1st graders out there)
What you said was stupid, not sure how I got caught anything. Most things you say are dumb though, that's just who you are

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hey moron...he initiated the response. What's really moronic is u initiating contact with me vs putting on ignore.
You got caught with ur pants down...and you're mad like 1st grader ( no disrespect to 1st graders out there)

You're fighting with Anycrime's #1 bitch and lover. You're better off just slapping that wacky stalker on ignore too.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles
All Pace ever said was how "excited" or 'fired up" he was. Poles seems smarter, although its not a high bar. But he seems intelligent and knowledgeable. Likes his assistant GM, who he credited as being more experienced. Will draft to fit the scheme. Oops Poles "excited" to have Justin. Says Flus will bring Discipline. Says there hasn't been a "foundation" to score. and they will install that. Likes Polian and has been in touch with him multiple times. Used the "C word" collaboration. Talked to Nagy who may have been self reflective. Talking about actual football stuff.

Flus
Matt Nagy never said anything but BS. Flus, again, seems smarter. Has a philosophy "HITS" Going to hold all the players accountable. Has a "process" to develop players. Will be a teacher. Detail oriented. Will eliminate dumb penalties. Get track shoes on, players, going to do a lot of running. Flus says Poles is mentally and physically tough. Point system for ballhawk shirts, and a trophy for the winner. Seems to want to adjust to what works against what the opposing team is doing.

As far as Fields, I like that they are not gushing over him.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I liked what I heard from this press conference.

Loved the focus on foundation building, OL, and no more loafing divas.

How bad do you want it? Not bad enough, hit the fucking road, next man up!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're fighting with Anycrime's #1 bitch and lover. You're better off just slapping that wacky stalker on ignore too.
You've replied to a dozen of my posts over the past week. What exactly do you get out of lying about having people on ignore?

Do you ever not lie about anything?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what I'm hearing. I like the GM/HC hires, and the coaches they are bringing on board, as well as the restructuring. So far, I'm in. I will hold back blind faith and love until they show me they can execute what they are stating here, but I'm optimistic. So far, I really feel good about the hires—not just GM/HC but the other coaches. I don't expect playoffs next year, but a winning record seems possible. This is basically going to be the first year for Fields. Nagy fucked him up. This is a reset. I think we'll see growth this year, but temper your expectations. 9-8 with Fields LOOKING better is what I hope. Better OL, more time, more deep balls, better play-calling, etc.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
A lot of coach speak and football cliches. Not hating on the guys- that's what football guys do. I remain cautiously optimistic- only because of Fields. I'd also not be surprised if they are cleaning house again in 4 years.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dude. Fuck.. someone else understands.
I do, and I don't. I mean i get it that people want to feel empowered by some sort of movement bigger than them, maybe even from the future, or some sort of mystical stuff, but to apply that same mentality to microbiology, and then FOOTBALL?

I feel bad that these types of folks are so above it all they don't have family or friends that care enough for them to beat the piss out of them and reintroduce them to some semblance of reality.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
George
Is not looking like such a dumbass this time. "Matt was on Ryan's list" Drove his car to get Poles at airport, parked White Sox level. Not telling the lengths of the contracts. Mum on Harbaugh.

Fields
Likes Flus' demeanor. Hasn't met Getsy yet. No interaction with finalists. Working out now, headed back to GA. Will do whatever it takes. Eager to learn new playbook. Will learn the system and be ready at TC

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
George
Is not looking like such a dumbass this time. "Matt was on Ryan's list" Drove his car to get Poles at airport, parked White Sox level. Not telling the lengths of the contracts. Mum on Harbaugh.

Fields
Likes Flus' demeanor. Hasn't met Getsy yet. No interaction with finalists. Working out now, headed back to GA. Will do whatever it takes. Eager to learn new playbook. Will learn the system and be ready at TC
Is Eberflus going to allow Fields to take first team reps this offseason? Im thinking he might need to reach out to Nagy for TC advice.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like what I'm hearing. I like the GM/HC hires, and the coaches they are bringing on board, as well as the restructuring. So far, I'm in. I will hold back blind faith and love until they show me they can execute what they are stating here, but I'm optimistic. So far, I really feel good about the hires—not just GM/HC but the other coaches. I don't expect playoffs next year, but a winning record seems possible. This is basically going to be the first year for Fields. Nagy fucked him up. This is a reset. I think we'll see growth this year, but temper your expectations. 9-8 with Fields LOOKING better is what I hope. Better OL, more time, more deep balls, better play-calling, etc.

I'm with you. It's still talk. It was just a press conference. But when was the last time the Bears won a fucking press conference?

They of course aren't going to be able to go into detail on players yet - they haven't even really met with them other than introductions; the man needs to hire a staff first! But he has a philosophy, system and plan, and is going to be a CEO type, which is what we NEED.

And really, any system CAN work - its all about if your GM can identify players who fit that system and get them, and if coaches can maximize those players in said system. Otherwise, you may as well be throwing darts at a wall.

Its obvious they have a plan. They know where they want to go, and how they want to get there.

THAT. THAT RIGHT THERE. THAT last line I said is what puts them ahead of any Bears coach and front office combo I have seen in my lifetime.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
George

Fields

You best believe that Fields is going to be HEAVILY involved in creating the new playbook. It's going to be tailored to him.