**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I would 100% trade the 2023 2nd rounder for Moore. Throw in a 2024 5th as well.

But it's extremely unlikely to happen from CAR perspective.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
I keep reading "Moore for a mid round pick." Why would the Panthers only get a mid round pick?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I just don't see how CHI could be a real player for Moore. If we had a contending team, maybe. But I would imagine another team out there would think that Moore makes them a contender. Not the case for the Bears.
I think the pitch is that they Can Afford his contract next year. They can pitch it as an audition with a guaranteed payout for performance.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I keep reading "Moore for a mid round pick." Why would the Panthers only get a mid round pick?
Because it’s a one year rental. If he were coming on a contract that locked him up for a few years, maybe a 1st rounder, but he’s really not a game breaker. He is a very sure handed, sticky handed receiver, but he’s not a game breaker.

The knock on him is he doesn’t score tds. I like the guy, but he’s not a first round pick value. I’d throw a second at him in a heartbeat.

(Edit: it’s not a one year rental. My bad.)

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Because it’s a one year rental. If he were coming on a contract that locked him up for a few years, maybe a 1st rounder, but he’s really not a game breaker. He is a very sure handed, sticky handed receiver, but he’s not a game breaker.

The knock on him is he doesn’t score tds. I like the guy, but he’s not a first round pick value. I’d throw a second at him in a heartbeat.
It's not a one year rental

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Moore is locked up until 2025 broski. His 3 year extension kicks in next year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

They literally just signed him to an extension

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He isn’t a one year rental.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I doubt that.

He does have a huge cap hit next year. $25M?
If he's traded the team he's traded to owes roughly 20-16-15 million over the next three years. The rest is prorated signing bonus still owed by Carolina. And that's probably why they won't trade him, it would be a hit of something like $18m dead money if they traded him this season.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If he's traded the team he's traded to owes roughly 20-16-15 million over the next three years. The rest is prorated signing bonus still owed by Carolina. And that's probably why they won't trade him, it would be a hit of something like $18m dead money if they traded him this season.
Whelp, since I was wrong about him being a one year rental, missing the whole signing thing. Maybe Poles could take on the signing bonus and drop the value of the draft pick, so a 3rd?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I fully approve a mid-round pick for Moore. Look at likely return in the draft and try to convince me you can come close to matching his production with a 3/4 rd pick. He's 25. This is an absolute no-brainer if the price is as speculated.
The price is speculated on CCS so no that won't be the price, it'll be more than a mid round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would 100% trade the 2023 2nd rounder for Moore. Throw in a 2024 5th as well.

But it's extremely unlikely to happen from CAR perspective.
Now this is much more likely the price it would cost to get Moore and that's with a 2024 5th or mid round pick.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love to have Moore and a 1st round WR in the draft. JF the new Josh Allen, while a nice dream I just want to see Fields get better every game and smoke the Vikings on the last day of the season.
I predict a win over the Vikings and another over the Packers this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.