**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yup. You need a top 3 pick to really make a haul but you can grab another #1 like the Giants did around 10 if a guy falls.
That scenario would still be a big win to me. Most likely be a team desperate for a qb so would also likely be a high draft pick the following year

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Expecting wins is funny. This defense won’t be stopping many teams.
I don't expect wins but the Bears will surely win some games to stay out of the top 5 draft picks. Justin Fields is playing too well to keep losing games. They aren't playing playoff teams most of the way. Detroit x2, Atlanta, even the Jets and Packers aren't Miami and Dallas. If they play offense like they have the last 3 weeks in those games, they will outscore these messes of teams. Obviously, consistency is easier said than done, but they aren't playing offense like a team you don't expect to win.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So, this is what happens when people start giving a shit about us. We’ve all been in our little corner of the universe cheering for a doomed team fielded on the dead echo of a memory from ‘85 or the whispers of a SB loss and what could have been, and, now, people are giving a shit.

Enjoy the ride peeps: I think we have become relevant. We might be on Hard Knocks. Wow.

Last edited:

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't expect wins but the Bears will surely win some games to stay out of the top 5 draft picks. Justin Fields is playing too well to keep losing games. They aren't playing playoff teams most of the way. Detroit x2, Atlanta, even the Jets and Packers aren't Miami and Dallas. If they play offense like they have the last 3 weeks in those games, they will outscore these messes of teams. Obviously, consistency is easier said than done, but they aren't playing offense like a team you don't expect to win.

Absolutely. The Bears are playing very hard, even on defense. The lack of talent, mainly in the front 7 is too much. You could have elite corners and safety's, but if your front 7 is the worst in football? They can't make up for that. You have to hope for lucky breaks and a few bounces your way to get stops. I'm really disappointed in Gipson, he should be making plays but he's invisible out there. He's a back up going forward, at best.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Absolutely. The Bears are playing very hard, even on defense. The lack of talent, mainly in the front 7 is too much. You could have elite corners and safety's, but if your front 7 is the worst in football? They can't make up for that. You have to hope for lucky breaks and a few bounces your way to get stops. I'm really disappointed in Gipson, he should be making plays but he's invisible out there. He's a back up going forward, at best.
They can't make up for that, but they can still win games with that. They might have beaten Miami with the worst front 7 had the refs made a DPI call or if St. Brown makes a catch. They got unlucky breaks to lose to one of the top AFC teams. They can certainly beat lesser teams on their schedule, who have lesser offenses.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So, this is what happens when people start giving a shit about us. We’ve all been in our little corner of the universe cheering for a doomed team field on the dead echo of a memory from ‘85 or the whispers of a SB loss and what could have been, and, now, people are giving a shit.

Enjoy the ride peeps: I think we have become relevant. We are might be on Hard Knocks. Wow.
I don’t give a shit about Hard Knocks.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It's interesting that I've always read that there was a debate on which was more important to a pass D: front four or back four. Which is primary, the pass rush or the back end DBs. I guess our team has answered this.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
It's interesting that I've always read that there was a debate on which was more important to a pass D: front four or back four. Which is primary, the pass rush or the back end DBs. I guess our team has answered this.
No it hasn't. A mediocre secondary doesn't cover for an awful dline. Just like a mediocre DL wouldn't cover for an awful secondary. They are both necessary. Sink money in both and live with mediocrity at LB as that can certainly be covered up

Status
Not open for further replies.