**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Worried late games will have nothing to play for and bench starters - Bears are going to need to pull a “sore back” and start Pederman to avoid beating MIN if they rest their starters.
Yep, a draft position mine field is upcoming for sure.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Needs to be an asterik on the Colts defense in '06.. They ranked 23rd, not 30th during the season, but they got players healthy and came on strong for the playoffs. Allowing only 16ppg... Bears defense was 2nd in ppg during that season, allowing 15.9ppg. Bears also hit the injury bug at the worst time, losing Tommie and Mike Brown.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The EDGE list is AWFUL. Like absolutely zero help at arguably our worst position. DT however is loaded.

I’d start researching those DE’s in the draft folks. I expect several selections.
Bingo. That’s why I’ve been saying if they keep the pick get a fa dt and draft Anderson if available.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

13. T BRAXTON JONES, CHICAGO BEARS (78.3)​

Jones looks nothing short of the Bears' long-term starter at left tackle at this point. After allowing only one pressure against the Packers, Jones has now allowed only five pressures over his previous four games.

8. LB JACK SANBORN, CHICAGO BEARS (80.9)​

How Sanborn went undrafted is anyone’s guess because he already looks like a veteran with his play over the past five weeks. Against the Packers, he led all players with 14 tackles — including five stops — and didn’t have a single miss on the day.

NFL Rookies: Top 15 highest-graded players in Week 13 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Looks like Poles found these starters going forward in his 1st draft:

LT Jones
MLB Sanborn
SS Brisker
NB Gordon(yes he will be fine next season)
P Gill

DE Robinson looks to be a career rotational player

Not too bad but he still whiffed on offensive talent across the board, which seems to be a problem with every GM here

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

LT Jones
MLB Sanborn
SS Brisker
P Gill

Not too bad but he still whiffed on offensive talent across the board, which seems to be a problem with every GM here

How do you say this when he found a starting LT in round 5? He whiffed on Velus. That’s the whiff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LT Jones
MLB Sanborn
SS Brisker
P Gill

Jones is an offensive tackle right? I'd say he did whiff on the #3 pick thus far though unless he shows otherwise in the last games of the season.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The EDGE list is AWFUL. Like absolutely zero help at arguably our worst position. DT however is loaded.

I’d start researching those DE’s in the draft folks. I expect several selections.
Disagree. Without even looking I know there are some serviceable options (a few stop gaps): ngakoue, davenport, Clowney, watt, ebukam. I think there was a few other interesting names I can't remember. Chubb getting traded and extended was disappointing. But there's clear upgrade options. I'd be fine with short term options to give yourself another draft to find long term answers too.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Jesus Christ, those WR's... Cobb next up????.. Not sure how Getsy/Fields feel about it, but I'd MUCH rather see Gesicki and Kmet on the field with Mooney and Claypool than St. Brown/Pettis/ "insert scrub"__________. Move those 3 big SOB's around on the field with Mooney, keeps your blocking up field in scramble situations as well.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How do you say this when he found a starting LT in round 5? He whiffed on Velus. That’s the whiff.
Velus reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson when he was drafted (in the first round).
You can see the burst and athleticism. He’s obviously raw and has suspect hands but I believe he can be a weapon if used correctly. I loved that they at least gave him a carry last week. Patterson took a long time to develop on offense because teams tried to make him a traditional WR. He’s not that and neither is Velus.

Velus is a terrible punt returner, but is showing that he can be a field flipping kick returner. Find creative ways to get the ball in his hands…

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jesus Christ, those WR's... Cobb next up????.. Not sure how Getsy/Fields feel about it, but I'd MUCH rather see Gesicki and Kmet on the field with Mooney and Claypool than St. Brown/Pettis/ "insert scrub"__________. Move those 3 big SOB's around on the field with Mooney, keeps your blocking up field in scramble situations as well.
What is the prognosis on Mooney's injury?Anyone know?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Status
Not open for further replies.