**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m not sure you’re correct. I think Poles had two purposes for this year. The primary purpose was to create a “floor”. As part of this floor, he needed to audition talent.

Pringle looked like what he’s looking for, a big slot that can block and consistently move the chains. We actually don’t have this, either as an F TE or as a Z/slot. Poles took a shot on a vet that he probably knew and had some input drafting. In that context, Pringle, donuts and all, was worth a 4th. At this point, there is a floor of talent to build on. I’m not sure Pringle is in future plans, but at least we know this due to praxis and not conjecture.
Are you serious? Finding out a career backup, who in 3 of his 4 seasons in the NFL has under 15 receptions, was worth a 4th round pick?

I think acquiring draft capital was a secondary purpose, primary being having a team that’ll punch a motherfucker in the jaw and never die, even when up against the top teams. He has that in spades. As far as draft capital, nope. I think Poles sees that as the price of business. For example, he took one good look at this WR draft class and, in my opinion, correctly surmised that Claypool was a better talent than the trash at X coming out this year. This is a great year for slot receivers, boundary? Not so much.
First of all could," team that’ll punch a motherfucker in the jaw and never die," be any ore meatball?
Secondly, do you think that Pringle, Patrick, Jones, Muhammad, and Morrow scares any team?
Also do you honestly think those guys and their performance this season, all of whom are likely not here after the season, were worth going into the draft with:
----instead of-----
1 ----------------- 1
2------------------2
3------------------3
4------------------4
4------------------4
0------------------4
5------------------5
5------------------5
0------------------5
0------------------6
0------------------6
7------------------7
So, no, the acquiring of draft capital was secondary. Both of the D trades, especially Quin, he made in the season were finalized at the 11th hour, again, my analysis, in order to facilitate team growth on their leadership.

The primary purpose for this year was to put tougher a scrappy team of fighters that won’t die easy. Poles has not prioritized draft capital, but he will welcome it only after the prioritization of team building.

A 4th round pick for a potential slot is fine.

I’m not sure. In hindsight, after realizing what Pringle is, I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept him a year or two more to help bring along whatever rookie slot they draft. Again, well worth a 4th. There’s a cost correlative that Poles is doing well, again, in my opinion.
What would they have learned from Pringles 9 receptions that would make him worth bringing him back? And again worth a 4th?
That has to be a joke.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Are you serious? Finding out a career backup, who in 3 of his 4 seasons in the NFL has under 15 receptions, was worth a 4th round pick?
Yes. Easily. If he had the hands coupled with his ability to block, at his size? Easily worth a 4th round pick. A 4th round pick’s value equates to a spot starter or depth. If Pringle had worked out, it would have been nice. There’s a bit of relative probability there over a 4th rounder.
First of all could," team that’ll punch a motherfucker in the jaw and never die," be any ore meatball?
Not sure. Pay attention. I may put some sauce on these balls.
Secondly, do you think that Pringle, Patrick, Jones, Muhammad, and Morrow scares any team?
Maybe. They hit and, last I saw, didn’t one of them have a pick against a superbowl favorite? They punch a motherfucker in the face.
Also do you honestly think those guys and their performance this season, all of whom are likely not here after the season, were worth going into the draft with:
----instead of-----
1 ----------------- 1
2------------------2
3------------------3
4------------------4
4------------------4
0------------------4
5------------------5
5------------------5
0------------------5
0------------------6
0------------------6
7------------------7
4 day 3 picks? Not difficult to acquire should Poles want. So, I’m not sure. I mean I like mock drafts and that stuff, but, in terms of probability, he erred on vets. I’m not sure they’re not here next season. They provide nice depth and insurance. If they stick on the roster, that’s better than most day 3 picks, last I checked. But, upside, amirite?
What would they have learned from Pringles 9 receptions that would make him worth bringing him back? And again worth a 4th?
His ability to block? Idfk but, the knowing is worth the potential pick. Remember, he was a Poles guy from KC. He was worth kicking the tires on. I’m not sure he’s gone.

That has to be a joke.

Maybe the part about saucing my meatballs in a yummy cheesy sub. Maybe. A nice red marinara. Sounds good, right? Licking those lips?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His ability to block? Idfk but, the knowing is worth the potential pick. Remember, he was a Poles guy from KC. He was worth kicking the tires on. I’m not sure he’s gone.
Can't wrap my brain around how giving up a 4th rnd pick to confirm a guy he already knew of is actually a shitty WR is better than drafting a guy that you think has potential but might end up being a shitty WR.

I guess we will just have to disagree there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What was he trying to build? You are ignoring that it is now fully apparent that Poles had a complete tear down in mind. What would be the logic for signing Byron Pringle, negating a 4th round pick the next season when you always planned to tear it down even in season? How is a one year contract to Pringle "building " anything?

As for your 1st 2 sentences.
Has @BaBaBlacksheep said the Bears should wait until post June1st this next offseason? Or are you just creating a strawman?

And the Bears "current situation," is not at all like last years situation. As is now quite obvious Poles goal last offseason and this season was to strip the team to the bones and acquire draft capital. And signing Pringle( or pick any of the failed vet signings) to a 1 yr deal stripped the Bears of a 4th round comp pick.

This offseason is going to actually be about "building," and there isn't a single Bears player that they will lose that is going to be worth anything close to what the Bears lost be negating AR's comp pick, likely not a single comp pick to cancel out at all.

He largely signed young guys under 30 with the hope that if they impressed he could lock them up longer term. Guys like Pringle, Morrow, AQM, and ESB. It didnt work. He also was planning on one big FA signing that would have negated AR hence his going after Larry O and admitting his persuing him had prevented him for signing others when the Larry O deal fell apart. So signing Larry O or someone worth that kind of money was always part of the plan and clearly meant he always considered 2022 a buy year.

As I said @Raskolnikov was talking about still trying to get comp picks this offseason by waiting until after June 1 so I was asking if that is what @BaBaBlacksheep was advocating as he jumped in the convo. He clarified that was not the case.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Can't wrap my brain around how giving up a 4th rnd pick to confirm a guy he already knew of is actually a shitty WR is better than drafting a guy that you think has potential but might end up being a shitty WR.

I guess we will just have to disagree there.
Maybe, but I really thank you, because you’re onto something. I think you’ve provided clarity on what Poles might really value in this draft.

I was talking to some draft dudes on this board how I suspect that Poles isn’t going quantity in this draft. I think he wants quality. I really think he wants multiple picks in the top 50-75.

There’s a good discussion here on the relative positional depth of the current class. In general, weak. WR and OL. Strong DB, DE, and RB.

So, we may not agree on value, though I lean towards wanting more picks since I like the draft, but I see what Poles did and can agree with it. But, I do value how you’re providing insight into what Poles may do in the upcoming draft.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
FFS!!!!!!!
Playing 2 games with a shit offensive line and shit WR's is not going to make no difference in Justin Fields play in 6 months unless that difference is his slow return recovering from offseason (insert body part here) surgery. Stop the stupidity!!!
Agreed. Fields needs passing reps but they can’t even run a passing offense with the practice squad talent that they have. A majority of the guys he’ll be throwing to won’t even be on the team next year and half of the OL won’t be either. the next two weeks is going to look a lot like the past few and I’m not sure what benefit it is to him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
FFS!!!!!!!
Playing 2 games with a shit offensive line and shit WR's is not going to make no difference in Justin Fields play in 6 months unless that difference is his slow return recovering from offseason (insert body part here) surgery. Stop the stupidity!!!
Dude, it's practice against two teams he will face twice a year moving forward. He can still learn things.

Not just Justin, but this could help Velus get some much needed reps. Be great if Claypool can get some time in as well.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FFS!!!!!!!

If he's not playing, he is not practicing either. This league is starved of practice time as it is. Two weeks of practice and two games makes a difference.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hard pass. He’s a guy that simply got drafted way too high. His traits aren’t as superior in the NFL as they were in college. Atlanta “done did” fucked up when they drafted him over Fields
Last sentence is true enough but as for Pitts traits not being superior, not so much.

1672202529227.png

Status
Not open for further replies.