**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow

I recommend watching this

You can see a stark difference in Fields this year from last year. His release is so much better. His whole throwing motion is more compact and efficient. And his feet and hips look way more controlled

I’m Really ducking excited for next year

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Hard pass. He’s a guy that simply got drafted way too high. His traits aren’t as superior in the NFL as they were in college. Atlanta “done did” fucked up when they drafted him over Fields
Respectfully disagree. Love it that the Falcons drafted him instead of Fields, but Pitts has insane talent and ceiling. The Falcons don’t have a QB and now run a scheme that doesn’t maximize his threat potential.

He is a mismatch nightmare and would look great in navy and orange with Fields throwing him the ball.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Respectfully disagree. Love it that the Falcons drafted him instead of Fields, but Pitts has insane talent and ceiling. The Falcons don’t have a QB and now run a scheme that doesn’t maximize his threat potential.

He is a mismatch nightmare and would look great in navy and orange with Fields throwing him the ball.
Putts is a luxury. Fix the lines first. Games are won in the trenches.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yeah, you and @iueyedoc are right. He’s a mismatch and certainly good. I just don’t agree with spending a 4th overall pick on a TE.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow

You can see a stark difference in Fields this year from last year. His release is so much better. His whole throwing motion is more compact and efficient. And his feet and hips look way more controlled

^ This. I'm convinced only morons think Fields can't pass, hasn't improved and won't continue to improve, especially with a better cast around him. It's almost asinine to think it won't happen, at this point.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Putts is a luxury. Fix the lines first. Games are won in the trenches.
If you can trade down with ATL get him and still have the 7th pick plus acquire more draft capital, you do that all day long. Pitts is a guy that effects the defenses game planning. At 7 you are still getting Paris Johnson, Skronski, Murphey, or maybe one of the big 2 DL's, plus you will have added other high round picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wow

Also of note: here is the first image of Jones and the ball in frame. The ball was released with him inside the hashes...
1672239118542.png
He catches it outside the numbers, 25-30 yards from where he was when the ball was thrown. #throwingtheguyopen #anticipation
1672239195575.png

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude, it's practice against two teams he will face twice a year moving forward. He can still learn things.

Not just Justin, but this could help Velus get some much needed reps. Be great if Claypool can get some time in as well.

Agreed. The Lions and Vikes already played him so they will have a gameplan based on direct knowledge of how his skillset translates to the NFL.

You attack a certain way and teams figure out how to limit or stop it then you need to find new ways to attack. Then teams will adjust again and so and so forth. Fields needs to start working out how he adjusts to how teams will play him based on the tape they have on him.

This is something Nagy and Trubisky never figured out once teams had tape on them and adjusted.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Agreed. The Lions and Vikes already played him so they will have a gameplan based on direct knowledge of how his skillset translates to the NFL.

You attack a certain way and teams figure out how to limit or stop it then you need to find new ways to attack. Then teams will adjust again and so and so forth. Fields needs to start working out how he adjusts to how teams will play him based on the tape they have on him.

This is something Nagy and Trubisky never figured out once teams had tape on them and adjusted.
Something I noticed is how he reacted to the Bills shutting down Fields' incredible running talent - was it just me, or did Fields take more short passes when defenders stepped up to stop Fields from running? Positive growth in a real situation with live fire. You cant replace that in the practice field (ask the 49ers how much they wish Lance was playing all year)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, you and @iueyedoc are right. He’s a mismatch and certainly good. I just don’t agree with spending a 4th overall pick on a TE.
He is only a mismatch if teams are forced to put a LB on him. Otherwise he is just a more athletic Gesicki ie a big WR that masquerades as a TE.

Until he proves he can consistently maul DBs in the run game I just put a DB on him. By contrast you put a DB on Kittle or Kelce and they are going to maul that dude.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Several posters making a good case to pass on Anderson. I still like him allot. I would be happy with either player. It’s good there are two legit options cause I’m just not feeling the hype of the qbs drawing some crazy draft day trades that can land a haul in picks.
Weak class overall it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.