**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's amazing how writers immediately pump up coach if he is leaving, thus putting the doom and gloom spin on every happening. I didn't hear anyone praising him until he took a new job. Now he is the reason for EJ playing well.
Its the Barroom network

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Going into the last game, there are two obvious things that have to be done in the offseason.

Five new guys that you can confidently start in week 1 for the OL. Let Jones and Jenkins compete to show that their promise from this year can deliver results next year. Everyone else on the line right now is pitiful and I dont want to see them wearing GSH starting on Monday. It doesnt matter if we had Carter and Moss, or Harrison an Wayne, or whatever other WR combination out there if they cant block a 4 man rush on a 3 step drop.

Three new starters on the DL. I am willing to compromise an the fourth DL, typically the second DT, but this team could genuinely fail to generate pressure against some college OL. Some of these guys may be decent on rotation, and I am still interested in seeing how our DL does in their 1-on-1s against a playof team (even if the Vikings are overrated choke artists)

For the first, thankfully it looks like the best year to draft a center that I have ever seen. I would absolutely draft C no later than round 4 and let him compete to start in week 1. And honestly, it looks like a good year to draft DL too. My favorite team to target for a trade-down would be Carolina, since they just shipped McCaffrey and have plenty of top 100 picks to sell.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hope dictates effort - gaining ground on a team absolutely has an affect for your guys.
Then it never would end. They played well vs sb contenders and then got their doors blown off by the lions.

Where did the momentum go? They had it and it just disappeared.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Then it never would end. They played well vs sb contenders and then got their doors blown off by the lions.

Where did the momentum go? They had it and it just disappeared.
Well it is not the end all be all. You cant materialize hope - anyone who says otherwise is on drugs or religion. But hope is a big factor in motivating the best out of people, and defeatism leads to lesser effort. Hope doesnt keep you from getting knocked to the floor but it does help a team rally together.

Status
Not open for further replies.