**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Spielberg is wrong. I don't think saints can June 1st cut him without a huge cap hit, which is why whoever tweeted earlier said decision would be made early and that Thomas could be signed before FA actually starts
Think they mean they will cut him after the season but designate him a June 1 cut. You get to cut 2 guys before June 1 but designate them as June 1 cuts so that the cap hit is spread over 2 seasons.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Think they mean they will cut him after the season but designate him a June 1 cut. You get to cut 2 guys before June 1 but designate them as June 1 cuts so that the cap hit is spread over 2 seasons.
Yeah but when you designate them as June 1st cuts, I'm pretty certain they can't actually sign with someone else until after June 1st because transaction isn't processed until after June 1st. Also as a post June 1st cut he wouldn't be cut in time to avoid the big cap hit.

I've also never been clear on the June 1 cut rule. I guess what I said wouldn't make sense. Otherwise there'd be no reason to limit to 2 when literally anybody can just be cut after June 1st anyway

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Dolphins accepted that trade so early in the offseason because it was a huge offer that they wouldn't of got on actual draft day. Some seem to think that what the 49ers gave up in that trade is now the going rate to trade up for a QB but it won't happen. The Bears will not get 3 first round picks and a 3rd from any team unless they get incredibly lucky and some team gets very desperate. Hopefully that happens but it won't.

Sorry @remydat

Why are you apologizing as if anything you said is factual rather than just your opinion that I don't give a shit about?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but when you designate them as June 1st cuts, I'm pretty certain they can't actually sign with someone else until after June 1st because transaction isn't processed until after June 1st. Also as a post June 1st cut he wouldn't be cut in time to avoid the big cap hit.

I've also never been clear on the June 1 cut rule. I guess what I said wouldn't make sense. Otherwise there'd be no reason to limit to 2 when literally anybody can just be cut after June 1st anyway

The point of June 1 is that it allows the player to sign now so it benefits the player who would otherwise have to wait until after June 1 to be cut and sign with a new team.

If I have a 10m roster bonus due March 1 and 15m SB with 3 years left then cutting them now means I don't pay the roster bonus but the 15m SB hits my cap now. By contrast if I cut them now and designate as June 1, the 10m roster bonus is not paid but their current cap hit still counts against the cap until June 1. After June one then the portion of the SB for this year ie 5m will hit this year and the 10m for the remaining 2 years will hit the cap in 2024.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why are you apologizing as if anything you said is factual rather than just your opinion that I don't give a shit about?
I figured your feelings would be hurt by knowing we won't get three 1sr round picks and a 3rd from a team if we trade down so i said sorry.

Anything else?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Welcome to the 1980's, folks.
1673132513281.jpeg
I didn’t realize that there were top pass catching, multidimensional offensive weapons that can be moved all over the formation back then. From what I remember, the running backs were hand off and watch them run. Maybe Roger Craig and Metcalf.

Aren’t you being cute with your dumb shit?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I figured your feelings would be hurt by knowing we won't get three 1sr round picks and a 3rd from a team if we trade down so i said sorry.

Anything else?

But I don't know that because the draft hasn't happened yet and you are a moron not a psychic.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
  1. The Bears are NOT trading Fields.
  2. The Bears are NOT drafting a QB.
  3. They will PROBABLY trade down if they get a big offer. Which they will.
  4. They MAY trade down multiple times.
  5. How FAR they trade down and back depends on how they see some elite players, guys that will NOT be there at 6 or 10, etc.
  6. I would be SHOCKED if they stayed at #1 or #2.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
  5. How FAR they trade down and back depends on how they see some elite players, guys that will NOT be there at 6 or 10, etc.

Why? Because Bears fans have decided we think it’s best?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You don’t really want them to believe anything. The point is to create doubt or uncertainty. Do you think teams aren’t going to make an offer to the Bears if they think the bears are interested in a QB potentially? Of course they will. There is absolutely zero downside for them to not show their hand, only upside. Even if it’s only marginal.
The point is to create demand for your pick!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bingo.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
View attachment 25313
I didn’t realize that there were top pass catching, multidimensional offensive weapons that can be moved all over the formation back then. From what I remember, the running backs were hand off and watch them run. Maybe Roger Craig and Metcalf.

Aren’t you being cute with your dumb shit?
You want to draft not one, but TWO running backs to a team full of holes in a league absolutely dominated by passing. But, yeah, others are dumb.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The point is to create demand for your pick!
There will be a huge demand for the pick regardless. The bears will receive multiple offers. They don’t need to create the demand. That doesn’t mean they have to show the rest of the league their hand. Due diligence is due diligence.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It sounds obvious, but a lot of what happens for the draft will likely be affected by what happens in FA first.

For example, if they are unable to sign much in the way of defensive line help, I don't think you can discount them deciding to stay put and take an Anderson or a Carter. IMO, it would likely be the wrong move for building overall talent on the team. But at this point in time, it also cannot be disregarded as a possibility.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You want to draft not one, but TWO running backs to a team full of holes in a league absolutely dominated by passing. But, yeah, others are dumb.
Exactly. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, it is best not to speak. People might realize you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

Robinson and Vaughn have amazing hands. I mean, they’re incredible. I think Robinson is a better receiver than the Alabama back. Deuce Vaughn. Yo, just watch him play. The way he can catch.

Those two backs do not have to just line up in the backfield. The holes on the team would look a lot better IF Fields had some REAL weapons, especially players that can play out of more than one position.

Seriously, watch them play. If you see something I don’t, let me know. It only tells me people haven’t watched them when they think they’re just a running back. That’s some in the box thinking.1673134551185.jpeg

We far from one player away from being a top team, so get the best weapons we can for Fields. Score a shit ton of points, and let the rest sort itself out.

Also, I don’t just want two running backs, I want a UTE, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.