**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Spotrac has them at $105, maybe you are assuming no Quinn. Lots of teams will generate lots of cap space with cuts. And having more cap space to me isn't reason to be wasteful with it. I don't see extending those guys yet, although they have played well. pretty sure Whitehair has $ on the book into his age 34 season already. I think if you want to use some cap productively extend Jaylon a year early and frontload.

OTC has them at 115m with Quinn. Don't have time to figure out the difference.

Also don't think it is wasteful. Again it is spending 13m to give up a lower draft pick for Moore ie a 3rd instead of a 2nd and more time for Fields and Moore to get acquainted. That has value and the question is whether one feels that value is 13m. For me I rather keep the 2nd and give up 13m but again can see if someone feels differently.

Also wasn't talking about extending. You can convert base salary into SB without needing the player to agree. So Jackson's base salary is 11m and Whitehair's is 8 million. If for example I converted 10m of Jackson's base salary to SB then his cap hit this year drops from 15.1m to 7.6m so 7.5m saved. If I did 7m of Whitehair's 8m base then his cap hit would go from 12.3m to 7.05m so 5.25m saved. So that is 12.75m saved on both contracts without any new years or money added. Keep in mind the SB would be allocated over 4 years not 3 because both their contracts already have 1 void year in addition to the 3 real years.

We have 6.7m in cap so adding 12.75m gives us 19.45m in cap. Darnold costs 13.3 for 12 games and Moore is a laughable 870k for this year as his base and roster bonus is only 1.235. So they would cost 14.17m this year leaving 5.3m for emergencies.

Last edited:

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love to have Moore and a 1st round WR in the draft. JF the new Josh Allen, while a nice dream I just want to see Fields get better every game and smoke the Vikings on the last day of the season.
I read an article on the internet and Fields is right on track to be the new Allen ??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He piled up a lot of garbage stats vs the Bills. FO broke it down. But it also didn’t help him that Chase Claypool keeps fucking it up out there. Not sure why anyone wants this bum here
Claypool is in a terrible O for his skill set. Went from 14.1 snd 14.6 yards per carry under Big Ben to 8.1 with cant throw deep Mitch.

Fields would be a better fit for him as he was drafted for a vertical O.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Claypool is in a terrible O for his skill set. Went from 14.1 snd 14.6 yards per carry under Big Ben to 8.1 with cant throw deep Mitch.

Fields would be a better fit for him as he was drafted for a vertical O.

While this is true, doesn’t excuse his poor temperament in the locker room, loafing on plays and dropping easy passes. Hard pass on this bum and I say this as a ND homer who is well aware of his attitude issues

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While this is true, doesn’t excuse his poor temperament in the locker room, loafing on plays and dropping easy passes. Hard pass on this bum and I say this as a ND homer who is well aware of his attitude issues

Oh wasnt commenting on any of that. Just saying he is a poor fit for Pitt as currently constructed.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh wasnt commenting on any of that. Just saying he is a poor fit for Pitt as currently constructed.
Honestly any WR that has to pair up with Trubisky now will be wasting his talents

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No inside pressure. Muhammed and Jones suck. Outside rush is not bad. Gipson and Robinson have skill. Quinn has been ok, nothing great.
Quinn has been the worst edge along with Muhammad. I've seen Jones make plays at least

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Quinn has been the worst edge along with Muhammad. I've seen Jones make plays at least
Quinn needs that interior push to be effective. These DT’s get nothing done to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.