**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank goodness Quinn won't be there for the Bears game. It does not matter how underperforming an ex-Bear player is playing, he will have a career day when playing the Bears.

Last edited:

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Sorry to see that for Quinn, hope he does make it back for the play offs, he went there for a shot at a Super Bowl Ring.

No idea about the Titans, maybe the second half of this season hasn't been good enough for those above him but given the work they've done in previous seasons? Guess it's only the Bears who settle for mediocrity long term.

Interesting to see who they have set their sights on bringing in.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It does seem kind of expected. Although I did like that he was looking to throw once he got out of the pocket against GB.

It's as if he found pocket presence during the mini-bye and didn't look back.
Agree 100%. And that was once of his biggest criticism: that'd he'd just take off and run. Not the case at this point in the season.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Kinda crazy that Jon Robinson was fired because of Brown going off on Sunday, but that's 100% what happened. Local sports radio here in Nashville had been going scorched earth on him since the final whistle and started dragging the owners name into it as being complicit/incompetent.

And I'm guessing the Rams claimed Baker just to screw the 49ers, but hopefully it helps them win a couple games.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Kinda crazy that Jon Robinson was fired because of Brown going off on Sunday, but that's 100% what happened. Local sports radio here in Nashville had been going scorched earth on him since the final whistle and started dragging the owners name into it as being complicit/incompetent.

And I'm guessing the Rams claimed Baker just to screw the 49ers, but hopefully it helps them win a couple games.
It's a cut throat business when you're competing every season I guess. Thanks for the info.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

49ers did not make a claim

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thank goodness Quinn won't be there for the Bears game. It does not matter how underperforming an ex-Bear player is playing, he will have a career day when playing the Bears.
He has 1 sack on the year. Id much rather Quinn play than anyone who might be able to sniff a QB.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

..yet some are quick to want to still have him replaced in the offseason or switch his position (heard someone from the media say we absolutely need a LT and to switch BJ to right).

I think folks (especially those who don't watch the Bears each week) are so used to ragging on the O-Line that it has just become the thing to do. Progress has been made this season imo. I think they've def at least reached average and functional in this league.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
..yet some are quick to want to still have him replaced in the offseason or switch his position (heard someone from the media say we absolutely need a LT and to switch BJ to right).

I think folks (especially those who don't watch the Bears each week) are so used to ragging on the O-Line that it has just become the thing to do. Progress has been made this season imo. I think they've def at least reached average and functional in this league.
Jones has the length and athleticism to play LT. He’s had issues when he’s had to anchor.
Against Washington, Sweat was killing him. He could not hold his ground.

He needs to get stronger but that’s doable. He’s absolutely improving and he’s been durable. It is encouraging.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Jones has the length and athleticism to play LT. He’s had issues when he’s had to anchor.
Against Washington, Sweat was killing him. He could not hold his ground.

He needs to get stronger but that’s doable. He’s absolutely improving and he’s been durable. It is encouraging.
Yep. An NFL offseason to work on his strength can do wonders. It annoys me when people say he hasn't been good enough. He's literally followed Fields' progression this year with massive improvement the last 4-5 games over the first 5 or so, and as a rookie. He's definitely one of the tackles next year, just a matter of who's the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.