**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I don’t think they will either. The Detroit game in particular comes to mind. The Bears dominated Detroit for 3 full quarters and then imploded. This next time around it’ll be in Detroit’s best interest (especially if Detroit loses to Minny Sunday) to let the Bears win which would downgrade the Bears pick and elevate the Rams pick. Giving them a clear path to Stroud at 2 as long as the Broncos can beat LA.

I hate rooting for losses but if we can come out of every game with Fields noticeably progressing and a loss it’s really our best case scenario.
In order for Detroit to take what is in their best interest, their entire team has to be willing to lose.

The only way to "tank" in this league is to cut as much talent you can, because these guys play as if their jobs depend on their best performance and as if any injury could end their career. If we beat Detroit, it's because our team outplayed theirs, not because they sabotaged their own chances with intentionally poor play

Rise

Liked Posts:
No way Campbell tanks a game, nor should he. You can never ask a coach or players to tank its 100% toxic. As GM you do what Poles did, trade vets and be extra cautious with injuries.

I think Flus sees the big picture though, more than a lot of coaches. He fully understands this year is a tryout for next year for these players. That doesn’t mean he is not trying to win, but he won’t sacrifice the chance to develop a young guy for an old vet who gives him a slightly better chance.

Not your same old Bears I have been very impressed with both of them (Poles/Eberflus). They have a realistic outlook, a long term plan, and it makes sense. Will it work out who knows?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Detroit is also loaded with picks, and I think they will see the second half of this year as a stepping stone to a legit playoff contender next year. Don't think a couple draft spots for them is worth that loss of momentum.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt Detroit feels it's in their best interest to lose. Not with Campbell at the helm. A decent chance they are still alive for a playoff spot then too, although it would be better to play them earlier.
If they lose to Minny this week which isn’t a given they will be out of the hunt.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Detroit is also loaded with picks, and I think they will see the second half of this year as a stepping stone to a legit playoff contender next year. Don't think a couple draft spots for them is worth that loss of momentum.
Right. They're in a nice spot. Let the Rams lose them into a big time pick while they continue to try to build on their success, which is huge for young players. We all like to shit on the Lions, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Bears/Lions be the teams duking it out for the division titles over the Packers/Vikings as it's been for a while.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Interesting that he puts the INT on Fields. I disagree with that. Sure, he probably wasn't going to be open either way, but the only reason that was an INT was because that was a shitty route by St. Brown. He took 4 yards to come out of his break. The WR on the other side of the field (Pettis?) is out of his break way before St. Brown. If ESB does that, it's incompletion at best.

Also, on the TD run, the Packers had that played perfectly. They tricked Fields into keeping it, as the DE crashed, but then the safety came up to take QB. Justin was just the better athlete and made him look stupid, then outran the rest of the franchise.

On the deep ball, I feel like the Packers played D under the assumption that the pass rush would get home. Jaire jumped everything short (well he always does), but I think they thought the Bears couldn't protect long enough to give Fields time to go deep.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that he puts the INT on Fields. I disagree with that. Sure, he probably wasn't going to be open either way, but the only reason that was an INT was because that was a shitty route by St. Brown. He took 4 yards to come out of his break. The WR on the other side of the field (Pettis?) is out of his break way before St. Brown. If ESB does that, it's incompletion at best.

Also, on the TD run, the Packers had that played perfectly. They tricked Fields into keeping it, as the DE crashed, but then the safety came up to take QB. Justin was just the better athlete and made him look stupid, then outran the rest of the franchise.

On the deep ball, I feel like the Packers played D under the assumption that the pass rush would get home. Jaire jumped everything short (well he always does), but I think they thought the Bears couldn't protect long enough to give Fields time to go deep.
Yeah idk how anyone can put the first int on Fields. The route was way too deep and he wasn't even trying out of his break. Like I said, other teams make those plays every week, lazy route.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Does anyone have proof of these 7 largely failed drafts from Pace? Anyone? ANYONE??

Exactly. So no i didn't hit my head and this isn't a joke.

ANYONE???
1670620925781.png

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have proof of these 7 largely failed drafts from Pace? Anyone? ANYONE??

Exactly. So no i didn't hit my head and this isn't a joke.

ANYONE???

Proof?

You mean like a list of who was drafted?

Pretty sure that exists...

Status
Not open for further replies.