**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
So the OL will be Jones-Carter-Mustipher-Schofield-Rieff and the WR group Pringle, Pettis, Harry, Jones, Webster.

That is not ideal.
I think we see Borom/Leatherwood at guard potentially or Borom at RT.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think we see Borom/Leatherwood at guard potentially or Borom at RT.
Don't think Borom has ever played G and he seems on the outs with the staff. Leatherwood at LG would be good though.
Edit: Borom at G. Impossible to miss that hilarious holding call.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
On this - which team would look to bring him in (and don't they have to pay in draft picks to do so or do I have that wrong?)
That would instantly become my favorite staff. Not sure about the picks, but I believe you’re right. Too bad the Bears don’t have an opening, even though I like flus, Payton/Fangio are two of the best coaching minds on their side of the ball. I could see AZ making a play. Maybe Texans. Will be interesting

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Let's face it, with his coaching history he'll have his pick.

Be interesting to see him coach in the AFC rather than the NFC ...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hope when the Cards clean house they sign Ian Cunningham as their new GM. That would net the Bears a third round pick.
Interestingly enough, the Bears have been terrible in the 3rd round. I believe Monty is the only contributor they drafted there over the past 3 regimes. A lot of them were traded away though, but still

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Hope when the Cards clean house they sign Ian Cunningham as their new GM. That would net the Bears a third round pick.
Pretty sure he has to be with the bears 2 years to net them a pick. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered something like that. Maybe it's 2 years with the team that hires them...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He went 28th to KC, I could have swung another trade up, I got you bro.
Yeah, I just don’t see a reality where JSN, with the season he’s just had, is a better slot option and check down option than Bijan.

When it comes to JSN’s skill set, I feel I can get Marvin Mims in the 3rd and get virtually the same thing but without the injuries. There’s nothing like Bijan in the draft. I’m not even sure JSN’s worth a first round pick.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he has to be with the bears 2 years to net them a pick. I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered something like that. Maybe it's 2 years with the team that hires them...
Correct. It has to be two years. And what have the bears shown to merit hiring their assistant GM to be a GM?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With the amortization and roll over system, no GMs ever front load contracts on the cap. Doesn't make sense to not just roll that money over into the next year when the cap will be larger and pay it then.

I believe the system that the NFL uses for a cap floor is based on actual money paid out in a year, not on cap charge, so it would make sense to pay out signing bonuses in a year like 2023 to reach the floor. Not sure about that rule though.

Yes it is on cash spend and this is the last year in a 3 year cycle. Bears are way below cash spend floor so will have to pay a lot of cash this offseasom to hit the minimum.

It is cash spend not cap spend so they have $194m and $142m cash spend in 2021 and 2022 ($336 in total). Cap was $182.5m, $208.2m and $218.2m ie $608m. 90% of 608. is 547m so that is $211m they have to spend in cash this year. That would include signing bonuses. Right now thry have 67.5m in cash spend for 2023.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I’ve been saying that having $1B in cap next year won’t mean the team will be able to spend it all and quality players will be hard to get.

and whats more, 1 year with a ton of cap only means so much when these contracts are gon last 4-5 years

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2 3’s or just 1?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears would get no draft comp if Cunningham leaves after this year. To qualify Cunningham has to work for the Bears for at least 2 full seasons.

Once he has been with Bears for 2 years then we would get a 3rd round pick in 2 drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.