**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
If bears go WR round one just pick the best one. This idea of picking around Mooney and claypool is kinda silly as no guarantee the bears even want to resign claypool. I also think Mooney might be more fit to play slot, but I wouldn’t complain about JNS pick and putting him in the slot.

Also, fields definitely has issues pulling the trigger but that has greatly improved. This narrative they need to get him a WR that can separate…. That’s every WR’s job.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
1672082377502.jpeg
Tank Master Poles is playing Spades. Big Poles!!!!

Dudes complaining that the Bears aren’t winning. Dumbest fucking shit. Would they rather we had kept Mack and Smith and gone maybe 7 wins? Or, rip that bandaid off, clear the space, and have possibly the 1st overall pick plus one of the hottest young QBs in the league.

Kool Aid my ass.

I get it if people make a living covering the Bears and people barely want to watch them play and are more interested in discussing FA and the draft. Hard times now for good times later is okay by me.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Say whatever you want about Dan but he is kind of right though. Rob is a bit of a delusional kool-aid drinker.

From listening to Dans hits on the radio the past couple of months, it seems like he's just tired of everyone banking on everything going right in the future when we don't even know if the Bears have a competent GM. He thinks theres value in winning meaningless games. Most people disagree. Not sure why people are getting all riled up. Rob knows what it is. Dan is covering the team as it is, not what it can and what we want it to be.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Say whatever you want about Dan but he is kind of right though. Rob is a bit of a delusional kool-aid drinker.

From listening to Dans hits on the radio the past couple of months, it seems like he's just tired of everyone banking on everything going right in the future when we don't even know if the Bears have a competent GM. He thinks theres value in winning meaningless games. Most people disagree. Not sure why people are getting all riled up. Rob knows what it is. Dan is covering the team as it is, not what it can and what we want it to be.
I think there’s a medium there. Recognizing what the team is aiming for, but also acknowledging there’s no guarantee the plan works out as intended.

Ultimately they’ve put themselves in a good position to add higher end talent in the draft. We’ll see how it all pans out.

Complaining about the W-L record this year seems out of touch though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would say Velus has an uphill battle to make the roster next year.

Is Harry gonna be back?

They need another speedster so certainly draft one and sign one and let the three compete for one or two spots behind Mooney.

I like the big blockers Claypool and Harry but speedsters are gonna help spread the field for Fields.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not really though. First we all know we are rebuilding so the the main question is what would anyone want in a rebuild. I would argue Bears rebuild is attractive foe the following reasons:

1. Franchise QB
2. 120m in cap space.
3. Top 4 draft pick.

Sure it would be nice if we had other blue chip players but short of that having the above 3 is the next best thing IMO. There is nothing Kool-Aid about the above.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would say Velus has an uphill battle to make the roster next year.

Is Harry gonna be back?

They need another speedster so certainly draft one and sign one and let the three compete for one or two spots behind Mooney.

I like the big blockers Claypool and Harry but speedsters are gonna help spread the field for Fields.

He is the best option to fill the RB/WR hybrid role. Needs to spend the offseason fielding punts and learning basic runs, vertical and short routes. Trying to teach him the whole route tree is a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.