**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canth

Liked Posts:
FFS are we really going to have 50 "pounding the table" and " run to the podium" tweets from Aaron Laming and Jacob Infantile heading into the draft?

I would say yes, but I think you are low on there only being 50 tweets pounding the table for a player - just from Jacob alone....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
FFS are we really going to have 50 "pounding the table" and " run to the podium" tweets from Aaron Laming and Jacob Infantile heading into the draft?
Lemming was so bad when he posted here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do SB teams really have 6 to 8 All-Pros? I can see 4 maybe 5. Anyone care to look this up?

Canth

Liked Posts:

Wow, that's some arrogance by DBB - even for him.

As far as Woods's tweets go, I will say this. I agree in general that both lines need huge upgrades and especially the d-line. I think he underestimates how much impact that can have on the rest of the team if you can somehow fix the lines. Defensively, it makes everything easier on the backend if the linemen in front can stop the run and get pressure without constant blitzing.

Offensively, they are already a strong running team, but if they can actually block consistently on obvious passing downs and give Fields a chance to make a play, then I think he can make the plays. I am not at all worried about running back as you can find RB's throughout the entire draft and they have enough cap room they could even consider bringing back Montgomery if the price is right. What they really need is a WR that Fields can trust to make a positive play when he needs one. They currently really do not have that go-to guy.

So, imo, fix the defensive line and all your linebackers and DB's look better. Offensively, get a new C and RT and a go to WR and that offense can move the ball and put up points. They are already finding ways to move the ball and put up points. But they really need to take the pressure off Fields and his running so that he takes less hits and has a long future.

Lastly, if you can find those new starters via FA and the Draft, you have guys from this year that you have been playing that give you the depth. I have seen mention about 70% turnover, etc. IMO, that is overkill. You need probably ~40% (9 guys) new starters between the offense and defense, but your old starters can actually be decent depth as back-ups which is what they should have been all along. You don't have to cut everyone.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From The Athletic in regard to Quentin Johnston of TCU:

“The freak athlete that y’all see every Saturday, he’s been that as long as I can remember,” Wiley said.

But that evolution, from the speedster Johnston wanted to be and the big man he became, is one of many reasons why he has become one of college football’s most dangerous receivers and could be the first one selected in the 2023 NFL Draft. The Horned Frogs wouldn’t be playing in a College Football Playoff and facing Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl without him.

If you ask TCU coaches what NFLcomps come to mind for Johnston, they come up empty. Malcolm Kelly shakes his head when he hears the question. He gets it all the time from pro scouts. And he’s happy to explain to them why the wideout he’s been coaching for three years isn’t like the rest of them.

“He’s a refined route runner, especially for a kid that size,” Kelly said. “He has an ability to drop his weight, sink his hips and transition in and out of breaks that most guys can’t do at that size. And he’s a blazer. It’s hard to have a comp. You have 5-foot-10 guys who move like this and are able to change direction. You have big guys who are possession guys.

“He’s unique in that he combines the two, you know what I mean?”

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Do SB teams really have 6 to 8 All-Pros? I can see 4 maybe 5. Anyone care to look this up?

2021 rams had cupp, Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey.

Bengals had joe Nixon and jamar chase.

2020 - chiefs had mahomes, tyreek hill, Travis kelce, Chris jones, tyrann Matthieu,

49ers - Trent Williams, Fred warner

2019 - NE joe thuney, stephon Gilmore,
Rams - donald

So no, a bit of an exaggeration

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
8 Allpros?… So 36% of the best players in the league are on one team? That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard.
Eagles have quite a few but I think he is thinking 1st and 2nd team all pros

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why not Mike Evans?

About have 9 straight 1000 yard seasons
Would love to get M.Evans but pretty sure the Bucs plan is to do what they can to win next year with such a stacked roster. If no Brady then Jimmy G, D.Carr, D.Jones or if somehow Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers get away from their current teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.