**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So we all gon be rooting for Lovie and the Texans, right?

If they win, Bears get #1 overall, do I have that right?

Will be fun to watch a game that matters. Too bad its just another shit team

Bears have to lose too of course.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Right, in my head I was already counting that as a loss. I don't even want to consider this fkin team beating the vikes

I’m not getting excited until I actually see it. Seen the Bears F up too many things in my life.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why are people suggesting Buckner. Dude is 32 years old. Like wtf everyone was like get rid of Mack and Quinn they are old!!

I mean…… they kinda are. Owners stealing money from each other, hiding information, yada yada
He is 29 and two more years of control. Plays a high level 3T , knows Eberflus system. His contract ends in 2024. Plenty of time to replace him with a draft pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why are people suggesting Buckner. Dude is 32 years old. Like wtf everyone was like get rid of Mack and Quinn they are old!!

I mean…… they kinda are. Owners stealing money from each other, hiding information, yada yada
Buckner is 28.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Buckner is 28

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You're right, Buckner is better. But is he so much better that you forgo a draft pick, rather than just paying money for Hargrave? Plus, Hargrave should be cheaper, based on not being as good. I do think you mistake Hargrave's game as well. He started off as a 2-gapping NT for the Steelers. He has plenty of power. He has plenty of quickness too. The concern with Hargrave is based on if he is going to be as good without an elite DL of players around him. He had Cam Heyward and a healthy Stephon Tuitt in Pittsburgh. He has the best DL in the league in Philly. Lot more double teams when you're the main guy on the DL, of course, he has experience taking on double teams in Pittsburgh 3-4.
Hargrave played 5 seasons before this one, where he averaged just over 4 sacks per year and about 3 TFL. As you mention (and I mentioned earlier) he's always had great players around him. I see his game as one that is more likely to regress over the next three years (compared to Buckner). That is obviously an opinion.

I don't think he's really in the same ballpark as Buckner in terms of his potential impact on the Bears' defense. I think Buckner's probably a top 5 IDL player in the league, and he is elite against run and pass. I think the Bears desperately need an elite IDL, and they have plenty of $ to spend. The only FA in Buckner's ballpark is Payne. If Payne actually gets to FA, I'd be more than happy with him and the extra pick. But I would also take both of them and give the Bears the best IDL in the league. I think that spending on DL is the best place to spend, other than QB.

I understand the argument, but I would take the elite talent now even if it means giving up a draft pick in 2024. The Bears would still have the #5 pick plus other extra premium picks in 2023 and 2024 in this scenario. In reality, it's probably unlikely that IND would even part with Buckner.

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The NFL should just call all of last week's games as no contests. That would be the easiest solution. Bills should not have to go through this and then be screwed by playing wildcard weekend. Teams that were not in the playoffs are back in the playoff race and teams that are in the playoffs would be back out of the playoffs. I hope the NFL goes this route.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The NFL should just call all of last week's games as no contests. That would be the easiest solution. Bills should not have to go through this and then be screwed by playing wildcard weekend. Teams that were not in the playoffs are back in the playoff race and teams that are in the playoffs would be back out of the playoffs. I hope the NFL goes this route.
The NFL would never void games that have been played, nor should they.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
0 chance this happens. I don't really think they should either.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The NFL would never void games that have been played, nor should they.
I don't think they would but this is the route they should go. Keep all the stats from the game but make them no contests. It would make the last week of the season even more interesting. Plus it would screw the Packers (who would not be all for that :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.