**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This says underclassmen cannot play in the senior bowl. Pretty sure I heard Jim Nagy say recently that the last several years, they've invited a few juniors that declared for the draft
Well it is SportsMockery and E.Lambert so good chance he got it wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
At the very least Poles needs to do his due diligence and bring the top QB prospects in.... even if it's for nothing more than creating uncertainty among other teams.
They absolutely need to do this and not sure this always happens, but wouldn't surprise me if it does, but they can simply have a convo with Fields to let him know what you're doing and why you're doing it to a certain extent so he's not freaking out over it.

Last edited:

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
At the very least Poles needs to do his due diligence and bring the top QB prospects in.... even if it's for nothing more than creating uncertainty among other teams.
You mean send a scout to just be present. No need to bring any top prospects in, unless you were trying to set-up a smokescreen. But they better let Fields know that ahead of time to not mess with team chemistry.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s not just me. Dane Brugler basically said the same thing. It is a very weak OL class.

It isn’t that I want a RB. It’s that I want the best offensive weapon in the draft. There’s nothing like Bijan in the draft, but Deuce Vaughn comes close. The issue is that he’s 5’6”! So, I actually want both, Bijan in the 1st and Deuce in the 5th.

The rest of the RB class is very good, but it isn’t the position I want. It’s the player.
Welcome to the 1980's, folks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The "Best Player Available" discussion is so misunderstood.

It's one thing to say take BPA even if that position is not the position of your greatest need.

It's quite another to draft a backup with holes all over the roster.

So let's say Young and Stroud both prove to be better than Fields. The Bears could draft one, but they wouldn't be certain of that right away. Would they trade Fields before they knew? Why would a team take that gamble over the other options? High risk, low reward.

If not, does the team improve as much drafting one of these guys as it would trading down for multiple picks, or as much as drafting a generational D lineman at a time when they desperately need both DE and DT?

I understand these writers need to fill column space (twitter space, whatever). But this is drivel.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes. But also to be clear about this with JF1

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You mean send a scout to just be present. No need to bring any top prospects in, unless you were trying to set-up a smokescreen. But they better let Fields know that ahead of time to not mess with team chemistry.
I’d bring them in. Dine them. Send the whole damn staff to their pro days.

Create doubt with the other teams until the moment of the draft.

Also make 100% sure you like Fields better. I think Fields is probably better…. But you better be sure. If you let Mahomes 2.0 pass that’s an excellent way to get fired. So do your due diligence.

Talking to Fields is perfectly logical. Fields is also an adult and will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.