**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay but Jaylon:
  1. We really appreciate that fumble you punched out, because had they have scored, that might have changed the course of the game.
  2. Also, you were beaten on that route where the Bears were gifted that OPI call.
  3. I realize that you're a cornerback and by nature your position group is a chatty bunch, but let the Super Bowls and Pro-Bowls do the talking. And if you haven't gotten to one yet, keep working.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couple of other stats and observations rom around the league:
  • Justin Jefferson averaged 20.4 yards a catch. Just one game, and he most certainly won't average that much all season, but 20.4 yards per catch is eye-popping. Keep an eye on the Vikings.
  • Saquon Barkley appears to be back; he averaged 9.1 yards a rush. He's maybe lost a step from the injuries from before he was drafted (that guy that came from Penn State would definitely not have been caught from behind), but he's quick enough and actually looks more powerful. It was good to see something good happen to the Giants.
  • I still hate New England, so it was great to see them lose.
  • Did not expect the Browns to be Carolina.
  • Holy Shit Lamar Jackson has a rifle arm.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
And they had to start double teaming Dominique “The Freak” Robinson!

We brought pressure with the front 4 and let the rest do the HITting!
Especially with Robinson looking like shades of Mark Anderson, the DE group looks stout. Quinn is obviously a beast, then you've got a Gipson and Muhammad as well. Very deep group.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Zero blitzes? Wow..

That isn't true. They blitzed a few times.
Okay but Jaylon:
  1. We really appreciate that fumble you punched out, because had they have scored, that might have changed the course of the game.
  2. Also, you were beaten on that route where the Bears were gifted that OPI call.
  3. I realize that you're a cornerback and by nature your position group is a chatty bunch, but let the Super Bowls and Pro-Bowls do the talking. And if you haven't gotten to one yet, keep working.
If talking motivates him then so be it.

Say what you will about the off field drama but Jenkins plays the game the right way.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That isn't true. They blitzed a few times.

If talking motivates him then so be it.

Say what you will about the off field drama but Jenkins plays the game the right way.
Decades ago I played receiver (nowhere close to NFL level obviously), so there's a natural animosity against CBs who run their mouths, especially when they were beaten ?.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wish Jaylon Johnson would just stop talking like he's Richard Sherman.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like those easy pass plays, but Fields needs to put some zip on those passes, though. He has a tendency to float the ball out there and allow the defense to catch up to the play before it's caught. Makes me nervous. Watch tape on how quickly Rodgers gets that ball out there to his receivers. I hope Getsy recognizes this too, because I noticed it a lot in pre-season as well.
I hear what you're saying and have noticed it too.

But also, Fields is such a threat to run, he usually has a LB coming down on him and has to float the ball over em

I think that through the preseason, Fields did a great job arcing balls over closing defenders

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Decades ago I played receiver (nowhere close to NFL level obviously), so there's a natural animosity against CBs who run their mouths, especially when they were beaten ?.

You say that as if JJ was beaten a lot. Even if you give the Niners the catch on that weak PI call, it is just one catch. I don't recall JJ being beat a lot out there and in hindsight that punch out on Deebo was probably the play of the game.

I wouldn't say it's "crying." The 9ers shot themselves in the foot big time with penalties and turnovers. Half of those and they probably come out with a win as many of those penalties kept our drives alive. Them's the breaks though, and it's nice to see our opponent be on the other side of that for a change.

It is crying because he said the defense did its job but not getting stupid penalties is a part of your job. So it was entirely the D's fault they got those penalties not anyone else. Disci

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You say that as if JJ was beaten a lot. Even if you give the Niners the catch on that weak PI call, it is just one catch. I don't recall JJ being beat a lot out there and in hindsight that punch out on Deebo was probably the play of the game.
Yeah man but all it takes is one play, in either direction. We were fortunate that time. That's how close games are. So don't go giving them bulletin board material for the future.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah man but all it takes is one play, in either direction. We were fortunate that time. That's how close games are. So don't go giving them bulletin board material for the future.

We don't play them again unless we met in the playoffs and if so then let's cross that bridge when we get there. And to be fair, he said at the end that he thinks Lance will still be a good one so I thought his comments were measured. It wasn't like when the Packers shit on Trubs where there was no caveat that he just needs more experience.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It is crying because he said the defense did its job but not getting stupid penalties is a part of your job. So it was entirely the D's fault they got those penalties not anyone else. Disci
I'd focus on the "ticky tack" aspect he said. I don't remember seeing one penalty that was "ticky tack" other than perhaps the push off on Johnson. All the others were well deserved. So yea, you're right, the defense played well but then gave the Bears chances at the same time by committing those (oft-stupid) penalties.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
PFF Grades are out. Here are OL/TE and pressure states.

Jenkins 77.9, 1 pressure
Borom 75.3, 1 pressure
Patrick 65.9, 1 pressure
Mustipher 60.1, 1 pressure
Jones 58.4, 2 sacks and 3 pressures
Whitehair, 57.6, 1 pressure

Also of note is the fact Griffin had a 69.3 and 72.5 run and pass blocking grades and Kmet had 64.3 and 70.3. ESB had a 68 run block grade include the block after Pettis' big catch to ensure a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.