**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Pretzel logic?
Nope.

"Yes, there's exceptions but the SB winning QBs win with their arms"

The whole paragraph of writing prefacing that one line telling me something I don't disagree with, but wasn't my entire point, just the fact I like the idea of him using his legs and the opposing D respecting that fact, giving another thing for the D to think about.

'Another bow on his string' is the line that comes to mind.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never said they didn't.
I said I don't care for a lot of designed runs and you replied that it 'hampered' his ability. How it reads but perhaps that wasn't your intent..

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The execution of the play stopped it from being a clean TD.

It, like some of the hot takes, has been magnified as it failed (even when it's clear imo it was a TD)

Better correct it this weekend and execute better.
Been calling out Kmet on that for a while. I get why they didn't switch to Jenkins since it was Patrick's rotation and they were showing option to fool the D but I suspect Teven punches the hole for Fields.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I said I don't care for a lot of designed and you said that 'hampered' his ability. Pretty simple.

That's cool.
Been calling out Kmet on that for a while. I get why they didn't switch to Jenkins since it was Patrick's rotation and they were showing option to fool the D but I suspect Teven punches the hole for Fields.
Kmet taking heat, if Jones doesn't lose his feet, think it's a walk in, the line from that point is climbing over itself.

Poor execution who ever you want to put in the cross hairs, but hopefully if Patrick takes up his role as C the Teven stops getting rotated out from here on out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The execution of the play stopped it from being a clean TD.

It, like some of the hot takes, has been magnified as it failed (even when it's clear imo it was a TD)

Better correct it this weekend and execute better.

It is still a fucking dumb play call regardless. Bears got down their by have 2 TEs or a Full back against nickel ie the Bears blockers were bigger than the defenders. Then on the most critical play of the game, they gave the Packers the advantage by going small ie they had 3 WRs in and the Packers played base.

Further, starting 5 yards from the goalline means you force the OL to hold blocks longer which is just stupid. There is a reason the Bears are likely to be the only team this season to go 3 WR and shotgun on 4th and inches at the goalline. It is fucking stupid.

Pretzel Logic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
It is still a fucking dumb play call regardless. Bears got down their by have 2 TEs or a Full back against nickel ie the Bears blockers were bigger than the defenders. Then on the most critical play of the game, they gave the Packers the advantage by going small ie they had 3 WRs in and the Packers played base.

Further, starting 5 yards from the goalline means you force the OL to hold blocks longer which is just stupid. There is a reason the Bears are likely to be the only team this season to go 3 WR and shotgun on 4th and inches at the goalline. It is fucking stupid.
They scored the TD - the only reason it's stupid is because of the personnel and how it looked live/on screen

They could have made it easier, totally, but as I said in the comment you quoted they executed poorly on the play which makes it look even worse.

People getting hung up on a play that actually resulted in a TD are just being angry for angry's sake.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He very clearly scored. It was by a margin you often see on under-center QB sneaks, the least controversial call the Bears could've run in that situaiton. It was just a case of Lambeau being Lambeau and the Packers being the Packers. Had the Bears had someone waltz into the endzone untouched they just would've thrown a flag anyways.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Doubtful. I still didn’t like the call though even before the snap

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They scored the TD - the only reason it's stupid is because of the personnel and how it looked live/on screen

They could have made it easier, totally, but as I said in the comment you quoted they executed poorly on the play which makes it look even worse.

People getting hung up on a play that actually resulted in a TD are just being angry for angry's sake.

Not really. If I shoot a 40 foot shot and it goes it, that doesn't mean it was a good shot. You are focused on the result. I am focused on whether it was the right decision in that moment given what had transpired before. The answer is no. In the most critical play of the game, your goal should be to make the players job easier so they stand a better chance to execute. Part of the failure in execution is because the play calling made their jobs hard by have 3 WRs out there instead of a full back or 2 TEs. By making it so the OL has to block longer and the QB has to run father.

It is just a stupid play for a young team still trying to find themselves. If this was a vet team with great chemistry then maybe I trust them to execute that play in a critical moment.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Doubtful. I still didn’t like the call though even before the snap

Let's see if someone else runs something similar then. I doubt it. I would caveat it by saying I am referring to them setting up like that and running it not passing it.
He very clearly scored. It was by a margin you often see on under-center QB sneaks, the least controversial call the Bears could've run in that situaiton. It was just a case of Lambeau being Lambeau and the Packers being the Packers. Had the Bears had someone waltz into the endzone untouched they just would've thrown a flag anyways.

Replay reviews go to NY so NY would have made the call.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fullback Khari Blasingame was on the field for gains of 13, 9, 6, 11, 14, 28, 26, 6 and 4 yards, as well as Fields’ 5-yard touchdown run. He was not on the field for the fourth down at the goal line.

Almost as effective, tight end Ryan Griffin was on the field for gains of 12, 1, 4, 11, 18, 2, 11, 14 and 2 yards, plus Fields’ touchdown. The 18-yarder was his reception.

This is not rocket science. Why would you go 3 WR on 4th down when you are averaging 12.2 yards per carry with a fullback in the game or 8.7 YPC with a 2nd TE?

This is smartest guy in the room syndrome. Going away from what is working because you are trying to outsmart the D. The Bears should be a 12 and 21 personnel team. We are not good enough for 11 personnel. We should play it in obvious passing downs and as a change of pace not on critical downs where we only need a few yards. KB and RG are better at their jobs than our 3rd WR is at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.