**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yes and one way to do that would be getting 13m by having someone take on Darnold.
I'm not talking in circles with you. Panthers will take significantly more comp if they trade Moore before getting a crap return to unload darnold

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not talking in circles with you. Panthers will take significantly more comp if they trade Moore before getting a crap return to unload darnold

Your statement was rebuilding team doesnt need cap space. Clearly you just admitted they do.

Think you are overestimating Moore's value just as I presume you think I am underestimating it. Time will tell who is right.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Just out of curiosity, after the CMC trade, do the Panthers have enough cap space as is to be able to trade Moore? Or would they have to make some sort of cap move to even make a trade possible?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Your statement was rebuilding team doesnt need cap space. Clearly you just admitted they do.

Think you are overestimating Moore's value just as I presume you think I am underestimating it. Time will tell who is right.
Time probably won't tell because he likely doesn't get traded at the deadline

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just out of curiosity, after the CMC trade, do the Panthers have enough cap space as is to be able to trade Moore? Or would they have to make some sort of cap move to even make a trade possible?

No they dont. Cap hit if they trade him would be about 14m. They have 1.7 in space so would need 12.3m in cap space. Darnold is owed 12.2 for remaining 11 games so adding him basically offsets the cap hit the Panthers would incur.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anybody want to speculate what they’d give us for Monty and Quinn.
I figured that the Chiefs would be very interested in Quinn and I'm sure that they could use Montgomery because they lack a dependable power runner in their offense. Don't know how the money plays out but I'd want at least a 2nd and a 5th or a 3rd and a 4th for Quinn and Monty.It may seen a high return for the two of them but considering where the Chiefs will draft next year, namely at the end of each round, That would be a reasonable return for two good starting players.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I figured that the Chiefs would be very interested in Quinn and I'm sure that they could use Montgomery because they lack a dependable power runner in their offense. Don't know how the money plays out but I'd want at least a 2nd and a 5th or a 3rd and a 4th for Quinn and Monty.It may seen a high return for the two of them but considering where the Chiefs will draft next year, namely at the end of each round, That would be a reasonable return for two good starting players.
You don't know how the money plays out?

Lmfao what does that have to do with the bears? That's the Chief's concern.

And you're shoving wooden dildos in your ear if you think either of those players are going to get the bears a 2nd round pick.

Why do you do this?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Comp wouldn't be similar though and Panthers are full rebuild. Like the bears last offseason, money isn't really all that important, draft comp is
Panthers are not in a full-on rebuild like the Bears. They have considerably more young talent. They will shed some aging vets but they are in a much better place than the Bears this year. It’s not even that comparable.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Panthers are not in a full-on rebuild like the Bears. They have considerably more young talent. They will shed some aging vets but they are in a much better place than the Bears this year. It’s not even that comparable.
If they trade dj Moore, the only talent on offense is moton and ekwonu. The defense is definitely good though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wow. They must be getting a haul then.
This GM is knocking it out of the park.

Maybe Poles is sending: Smith, 3rd rounder, and a future pick for Moore & Darnold to save them cap. We can dream right?
@remydat @msadows
Not sure that would be any dream of mine to give up that much for DJ Moore but would love to get him in a more realistic deal than giving up all of that and taking on Darnold with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.