**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I wonder if Warner also forgets that he was throwing to Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt while having Marshall Faulk in the backfield when he was with the Rams. They were absolutely loaded on offense. And in Arizona he had in his prime Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. I imagine that makes it easier to play.

Not to mention the his offensive line allowed for 7 Step drops. Which was a staple of Martz’s offense.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bears need to protect Fields from himself here. I don’t like how they are handling this acting like it’s Fields decision. You do that you put pressure on the player to play injured. Not hurt, injured.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears need to protect Fields from himself here. I don’t like how they are handling this acting like it’s Fields decision. You do that you put pressure on the player to play injured. Not hurt, injured.

Agreed. Fields will never sit himself. Not sure what benefit you get from marching him out against a top 10 defense when he has a bum shoulder. Even if they magically win out 9-8 wont be good enough for a playoff seed

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Ohh crap, Poles is paying attention to another ohio state game!

We must be drafting CJ Stroud now

/s
Size 25 bold faced Green font with italics. There are still some fuckwads who think this is a viable possibility.

On another note, to send two scouts, who do you think they’re looking at? JSN?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Fields will never sit himself. Not sure what benefit you get from marching him out against a top 10 defense when he has a bum shoulder. Even if they magically win out 9-8 wont be good enough for a playoff seed

Not even the defense it’s that horrible turf they play on. Hopefully the bears do the right thing for once.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Size 25 bold faced Green font with italics. There are still some fuckwads who think this is a viable possibility.

Mazi Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., JSN, Zak Zinter, Blake Corum (if he plays) and Oluwatimi.

Eichenberg too…

baredown

Liked Posts:

He’s not going to be 100% by Sunday. In point of fact, he’s not going to be 100% for the rest of the season. This is just coach-speak gibberish to feed the media. The decision on playing Fields has already been made. There’s no way the coaching staff is vacillating at this point between a game plan based on Fields versus one based on Siemian. Getsy‘s earlier comments about the Bears running the same offense whether it’s Fields or Siemian is just more coach-speak gibberish. They know who‘s playing Sunday. But we don’t, and neither do the Jets. And that’s precisely what they want…

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mazi Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., JSN, Zak Zinter, Blake Corum (if he plays) and Oluwatimi.

Eichenberg too…

My guess this is the main guy. If they find a taker for a trade up paris can be had in that 10-20 range.

JSN hasn't played much this year and at this point I wouldnt be shocked if he drops out of the top 20.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Fields will never sit himself. Not sure what benefit you get from marching him out against a top 10 defense when he has a bum shoulder. Even if they magically win out 9-8 wont be good enough for a playoff seed.

The benefit would be he gains experience against a top 10 D.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My guess this is the main guy. If they find a taker for a trade up paris can be had in that 10-20 range.

JSN hasn't played much this year and at this point I wouldnt be shocked if he drops out of the top 20.
He's not playing today either. I wonder if he will even declare for the draft after a completely lost season. This isn't like Jamarr Chase sitting out a season during Covid and preparing for the draft. Smith-Njigba is injured and can't do anything. It's a bad look, no matter if he is healthy by the combine.

The question is though, does he stay at OSU in that loaded WR and risk losing numbers to Harrison Jr and Egbuka?

Canth

Liked Posts:
The benefit would be he gains experience against a top 10 D.

I think the risk of making the injury worse is not worth that benefit. He has already played and played well against some really good NFL defenses.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I hope this means that Poles makes the decision to sit him. The coaches and players are going to be competitive and want to play and to win. I hope he steps in for the good of the future of the franchise.
And if he does that should tell everyone how he feels about Fields. Not that it should surprise anyone, but if this happens, he is all in to build around him.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

From Ohio State
WR JSN if he plays
OT Paris Johnson and Dawand Jones
DE Zach Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.