********Officail*********** TEXANS vs BEARS @ Baers Football Foodblogthread: Texas vs Bears week 3 (FBTO only)

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good morning.

I've taken a giant 8 lb grass fed CHUCK roast out of the deep freeze and am thawing it presently.

I will then smoke it for 45 min with mesquite and hickory wood (not that pellet CRAP) on the weber.

Then I will cut it up into nice CHUNKS of CHUCK. Combine that with canned san marzans, various peps, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano,, NO BEANS (also no celery wtf @nvanprooyen )

for the peps I have dried various ones from the garden: red jalapenos, serranos, scotch bons, and probably add just a SPRINKLE of ghost pepper powder. Fresh peps are poblanos.

add a little homemade beef broth and this will all go into the pressure cooker for 45 min.

HOMEMADE TEXANS STYLE CHILI with HOMEMADE HOME GROWN CUSTOM CHILI POWDER.

Cornbread with GREEN jalapenos and cheddar done in a cast iron in bacon grease, pouring chili over this.

Sounds pretty dank to me!

WHO YOU GOT??????

BAERS!

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I haven’t had time to think of a menu so I might just do sheet pan nachos or something simple

Do you make your own chips? If not, you should try it. Buy a bunch of corn tortillas and cut them up and baste with EVO. salt and pepper and into the oven for 10 mins at 350. So good and easy and you can really salt the beejesus out of em!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you make your own chips? If not, you should try it. Buy a bunch of corn tortillas and cut them up and baste with EVO. salt and pepper and into the oven for 10 mins at 350. So good and easy and you can really salt the beejesus out of em!
I might just do that

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I’m not a chips guy saw a bag of Doritos the other day for 5.99 and half those bags are empty lol. Crazy shit.

That is bonkers dude. Food prices are nuts.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That is bonkers dude. Food prices are nuts.

That's nothing when the recession finally hits that bag of doritos will cost almost nine dollars.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I can vouch for this. Everyone needs to experience this

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Protein pasta and 3 lbs of 93% turkey . Meal prep .

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
That's nothing when the recession finally hits that bag of doritos will cost almost nine dollars.

I'm not sure how to tell you this but the recession has started. And i just paid 3.99 For some cool ranch Doritos.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not sure how to tell you this but the recession has started. And i just paid 3.99 For some cool ranch Doritos.

I agree but it hasn't officially been called a 'recession' by most experts yet so how do we really know.

When will a recession be official?​

We can’t be certain that the current economic conditions will result in an official recession. Still, it is inevitable that a recession will be declared at some point in the future.

For one, the unemployment rate has remained low — 3.7% as of August 2022. And RPI, defined as earnings after accounting for inflation, has risen steadily for the past several years. The pandemic did cause some volatility in RPI, but that settled down in the summer of 2021. Since then, it has remained stable. On average, RPI has increased over the past five years.

Because the NBER uses many factors in coming to a decision, we can’t say for sure when — or if — the current economic conditions will constitute a recession. Some economists do expect a recession; one survey of economists found that 68% believe a recession will hit in 2023.

But even if a recession does begin in 2023, it’s unlikely we will know anything official for quite a while. The NBER is not always timely in issuing these reports. It didn’t release its report on the COVID-19 recession until July 2021, for example. We can even go back to the Great Recession, which the NBER didn’t announce until September 2010.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I agree but it hasn't officially been called a 'recession' by most experts yet so how do we really know.

I'm literally thee expert telling you last quarter was the beginning. You heard it here first. Alternate every other month buying dips. Good luck out there!