***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Um no this logic is dumb. I can like my BMW at 50k and not like it at 75k. In life we put a price on things.
This is framed from George McCaskey's perspective, not you as a fan. What I'm trying to get through to you is that the amount of money any head coach makes should mean absolutely nothing to you, because it doesn't affect anything.

I can understand a fan's outrage over signing a player to a bloated contract because of the salary cap ramifications, but the same logic doesn't apply to a coach.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is framed from George McCaskey's perspective, not you as a fan. What I'm trying to get through to you is that the amount of money any head coach makes should mean absolutely nothing to you, because it doesn't affect anything.

I can understand a fan's outrage over signing a player to a bloated contract because of the salary cap ramifications, but the same logic doesn't apply to a coach.
It affects how long the team sticks with the coach after it's time for a change.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He's not doing it because he has trouble getting a workout in. He's doing it to try and impress recruits. And there's a reason it's on social media!
Or preparing to shoulder the weight of the Bears ineptitude….

Hiyoooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: chi

Rise

Liked Posts:
Can the Giants hire a GM while his team is still in the playoffs?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It is well known Murray was Kingsbury's pick. He coached him in college and lobbied for the Cards to dump Rosen and draft him. The Bears were a 4-5 year rebuild despite 4 top 10 draft picks.

You did more than that. You compared a guy with 0 NFL coaching experience to a guy with 56 games of playcalling when no one was talking about Leftwich. I have no idea why you would compare a completely unqualified white coach to an obviously qualified black coach. Even if you don't prefer Leftwich, the comparison is just BS.
Kingsbury did not coach Murray in college at Oklahoma it was Lincoln Riley. Cliff did fight to get him in AZ though.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's not doing it because he has trouble getting a workout in. He's doing it to try and impress recruits. And there's a reason it's on social media!
Should put a little more on the bar then.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Can the Giants hire a GM while his team is still in the playoffs?
I believe yes, you can hire a GM while their team is still playing, as it doesn’t affect the team in any real way at that time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It is a question of good business. Just because it is not my money doesnt mean I want my team to waste money.

As TL notes what if Harbaugh sucks? The fact you gave him 15m a year means you are less likely to make a change becaue you arent going to want to fire him if he has say 2 years left and thus you would have to pay him 30m.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kingsbury did not coach Murray in college at Oklahoma it was Lincoln Riley. Cliff did fight to get him in AZ though.

Kingsbury recruited Murray to Texas A&M. He was beat out as a true freshman for the starting job and then transferred to Oklahoma where he sat out a year and eventually replaced Baker.

Kingsbury always regretted Murray transferring.