***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Canth

Liked Posts:
It was really interesting listening to Nate Tice on the Hoge and Jahns podcast talking about the coaches (this was pre-Poles announcement). Just in terms of a fit to Fields and the Bears, he mentioned Quinn, Eberflus, and Leftwich.

He said Quinn is really easy and fun to work with and let's the OC do his thing. He doesn't micro manage. Mentioned that guys want to work with Quinn. Also pointed out that if Fields is what everyone hopes he becomes, he will get OC's promoted, so the next guy up will want to be the OC of Fields.

On Leftwich, he basically said that the scheme fits Fields. Concerns about experience, but also pointed out he has the actual NFL qb experience as well. He mentioned you would likely want to pair him with a veteran QB coach or OC that can take on the load of game-planning assuming that Leftwich remains a playcaller.

Finally, on Eberflus, I found it interesting that talked how Eberflus has adapted his defensive scheme to work the players he had. It wasn't straight cover 2. So, that was a bit encouraging.

But overall, they all agreed that there really isn't any sort of obvious HC hire that just knocks it out of the park and that is likely why no HC has been hired by anyone yet.

Link below: They had a KC guy on first talking about Poles and then Tice talking coaches and Fields.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Just give Harbaugh 5 years $50 mill and be done with it. If he wants back in the NFL and win a Super Bowl like his brother he will take it.

10yr/$109 million

10m a year first 5,
either side can void after 5yr
next 5yr add $1m per year

cancel culture void clause

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Just give Harbaugh 5 years $50 mill and be done with it. If he wants back in the NFL and win a Super Bowl like his brother he will take it.
There’s no guarantee he will win a Super Bowl but I’ll take the chance with him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
While I was not in favor of Dan Quinn initially, and would still like to see what Poles possibly does with other candidates, I have seen that same comment a number of times from different sources: "Guys want to work with Quinn" and "He will assemble a great staff'.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He probably takes that to Michigan and they gave him 10 years 100 million.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I hope they don’t hire this Eberflus guy. Reminds me of Dick Jauron and as many know he is a walking dead extra.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its possible Arians could retire and hand off that job to Leftwich

Doesn't sound like Arians is retiring, but that would make sense too.

I heard that Leftwich accepted the job in Jacksonville. So Leftwich is pretty much off the list. Arians also said the other day that he will go back to playcalling when Leftwich leaves. So it doesn't sound like Arians is retiring.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I heard that Leftwich accepted the job in Jacksonville. So Leftwich is pretty much off the list. Arians also said the other day that he will go back to playcalling when Leftwich leaves. So it doesn't sound like Arians is retiring.

What are they going to do if Brady retires? Trade for Rodgers? Dalton? Gunna be rough lol.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe how fat Louis Riddick got.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are they going to do if Brady retires? Trade for Rodgers? Dalton? Gunna be rough lol.
my assumption is that maybe Arians wants to go back to playcalling in order to keep Brady for at least another year. I doubt Brady wants to play with a new OC who is learning on the job.