stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well you thought he was a decade younger than he is and said you'd trust his judgment pretty much under any circumstances and said he'd never stop being smart.

Ernie Accorsi was a great football guy for several decades as well.

Accorsi was a .500 career GM. The two are not even close to being the same

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Polian convinced George to fire Ryan Pace and move Ted out of the way. Do you think George wanted to do either of those things?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Accorsi was a .500 career GM. The two are not even close to being the same
What's the same is that they are elderly. Accorsi built two really good teams. Not sure you can fault for his Colts tenure - a weird time. Polian drafted Peyton Manning - his big claim to fame although he did have a great career everywhere he went.

Also beginning to come out that Polian pretty much just shilled for Colts people through the process.

Any competent football person would advocate for Pace to be removed from his position. 90% of the posters here could see that.

Ted got moved out of the way? Is that right? He didn't play any role in the hiring process.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What's the same is that they are elderly. Accorsi built two really good teams. Not sure you can fault for his Colts tenure - a weird time. Polian drafted Peyton Manning - his big claim to fame although he did have a great career everywhere he went.

Also beginning to come out that Polian pretty much just shilled for Colts people through the process.

Any competent football person would advocate for Pace to be removed from his position. 90% of the posters here could see that.

Ted got moved out of the way? Is that right? He didn't play any role in the hiring process.
This. Polian out there just trying to get his friends a new job. Stupid.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right we all wanted Pace out. How is that remotely the same thing as convincing George McCaskey to fire his best little bud?

and you are saying Polian and Accorsi were and are the same before and after they got too old to know anything about football. Got it.

Last edited:

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And that all Polian wanted was to get his colts buddies hired, even tho they hired Poles.

check

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Sweaty Teddie, afterBP went down to the head on his walker, whispered in George’s ear at the last second and told George:

“This guy is too old, we need to hire his second choice for GM, even though the teams he built went to that Super Bowl thingee.”

or “All he cares about is his Colts buddies. We need to go KC, I hear they are a good team.”

or”Are you up for some canasta later?”

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Daboll leaving the NYG without agreeing to a deal leaves the door open for us. I hope he gets a second interview with Poles.

This guy is the goods. Several different winning organizations, Alabama, Patriots, Bills. Called his own offense for many years for several different teams. Developed over four years, a lights out QB with a similar skill set to JF.

Come on Poles, make this happen!!

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m glad they kicked Polian to the curb. You’re telling me out of the entire NFL and college and unemployed the top football minds for both GM and HC come from the Colts? GTFO

Rise

Liked Posts:
I have determined Caldwell and Eberflus are the best coaches available in the world today, they just happen to play golf with me on the weekends.
- Polian

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Right we all wanted Pace out. How is that remotely the same thing as convincing George McCaskey to fire his best little bud?

and you are saying Polian and Accorsi were and are the same before and after they got too old to know anything about football. Got it.
It doesn't take football smarts to want Pace gone. That was the point, right? Polian's football acumen?

Also apparently Polian was not able to get George to take Brown.

No, I'm not saying they were the same. I'm saying both are old and were out of football for some time when they advised the Bears.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The point was that George LISTENED to Polian, and FOLLOWED HIS RECOMMENDATION.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The point was that George LISTENED to Polian, and FOLLOWED HIS RECOMMENDATION.

Depends what source you choose to believe. Probably never know the real truth.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't take football smarts to want Pace gone. That was the point, right? Polian's football acumen?

Also apparently Polian was not able to get George to take Brown.

No, I'm not saying they were the same. I'm saying both are old and were out of football for some time when they advised the Bears.
It sure sounded you were saying they were the same. But for now you are saying that BP, who built three SB teams, is TOO OLD for his opinion to matter. Even though he convinced George to fire his bestie. And that ANYBODY could have made GEORGE MCCASKEY, celebrated dumbass, to launch Pace.

Gotcha. Check and Check

Last edited: