***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How about Rick Smith and then Champ as Asst,. GM? Can cheap ass George afford it?
I’ve been saying that. Smith as Pres and Champ as GM. (He’s basically assistant GM now)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dabboll is as good an option as any out there minus Harbaugh, who isn’t coming. People scarred of him because of Nagy are as dumb as people who didn’t want Fields or shaded Fields pre draft because he went to Ohio State.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let’s promote the guy who was hired by and worked hand in hand with the GM that was just fired.
Doesn’t mean Pace listened to him. Pace was the guy in charge. Champ is pretty well regarded .

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

Bears still haven't reached out to Harbaugh apparently

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t mean Pace listened to him. Pace was the guy in charge. Champ is pretty well regarded .
Former GM Ryan Pace brought Kelly aboard as director of pro scouting in 2015 before promoting him to assistant director of player personnel in 2017.

Kelly has valuable experience both in scouting, where he was instrumental in building the Bears roster,

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Former GM Ryan Pace brought Kelly aboard as director of pro scouting in 2015 before promoting him to assistant director of player personnel in 2017.

Kelly has valuable experience both in scouting, where he was instrumental in building the Bears roster,
Yeah he liked Monty among others. Not sure how you don’t see being an assistant and the guy in charge are different? I mean Nagy was the head coach and Fangio was the assistant but we all know who the better coach was.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways, only guys we really have any idea about are Smith and Ireland since they both were in charge before. Hiring assistants are projections.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Don’t buy that for one second.
I don't want to either.

But I think dabearsblog who has been right about a lot lately said they could be waiting to get the Rooney rule out of the way so they can make him an offer right when they need to

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

Bears still haven't reached out to Harbaugh apparently
This would infuriate me, and I absolutely believe it. McCaskey doesn't want his personality, nor does he want to give him the amount of money he would command.

He'll go somewhere and win, and the Bears will be stuck with another Matt Nagy and continue to fail.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This would infuriate me, and I absolutely believe it. McCaskey doesn't want his personality, nor does he want to give him the amount of money he would command.

He'll go somewhere and win, and the Bears will be stuck with another Matt Nagy and continue to fail.

don’t worry they will talk about collaborating and one year with an easy schedule the bears will make the playoffs and everyone will give them 3-5 years.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Well, now that the Raiders season is over, I guess we will see if Harbaugh gets any NFL interest at all. Clearly, the majority of the league is done with him as there have been no rumors of even a zoom interview for the 8 open positions.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, now that the Raiders season is over, I guess we will see if Harbaugh gets any NFL interest at all. Clearly, the majority of the league is done with him as there have been no rumors of even a zoom interview for the 8 open positions.
The NFL doesn’t have to announce anything about Harbaugh. They don’t need to ask a teams permission. It most certainly is not clear with him.

I’ve heard several people say if Harbaugh IS hired by a team it’ll be out of the blue with no warning.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Canth

Liked Posts:
The NFL doesn’t have to announce anything about Harbaugh. They don’t need to ask a teams permission. It most certainly is not clear with him.

Fair enough. And it is true that sometimes they keep college coach interviews quiet to not hurt recruiting. I just find it hard to believe for the case of Jim Harbaugh that all parties would be able to keep their mouths shut if they did interview him.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
One report that a team has to report to the NFL for each Interview and it's released. If Harbaugh is interested it will be a late interview.