***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Canth

Liked Posts:
The other interesting aspect of a potential Morocco Brown and Brian DaBoll pairing would be that they loosely have ties to Bill Polian or at least what I would imagine some of Polian's connections are from Buffalo and Indianapolis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m referring specifically to quarter back play. I’m also knocking Byron’s ability to develop anybody, considering he’s never done it before, with any quarter back. You’re missing the forest for the trees saying their offense put up points so it was good when they had to go out and sign a HOF QB to win shit.

No you are focusing on the tree ie QB while I am looking at the forest ie the whole team and offense.

Your argument is stupid. You sign Brady over Winston or most QBs because he is the GOAT. Duh.

This is why I've always liked Greg Roman. He's had success everywhere he's been. Apparently nobody else in the NFL seems to notice this because he never gets called in to interview anywhere. It doesn't make sense.

Yeah I would take Roman over Daboll as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree that it is hard to tell sometimes when watching successful teams with great players.

But as they say, no coach succeeds without great players, but some fail to succeed with them.

No OC will look good without the talent on the field. So, no it is absolutely not magic by the OC that makes the player. It is, as many suggested, utilizing that talent properly.

If a coach is succeeding with a talented player, it's a plus. No reason to avoid the coach because the player is good.

Never said to avoid him. Said I preferred others. People are free to differ on what they prioritize. I am not telling anyone to not like Daboll. I am saying why I prefer other people.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Daboll is the guy, then it makes the most sense to pick Schoen as GM right? I know it’s the Bears but hell, this isn’t that hard to connect the dots.

Last edited:

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I got a bad feel about Brian Daboll as HC...just feels like this dude came outta nowhere and is the hottest hoe on the street, but ends up with the most std's

My feels say stay away

Canth

Liked Posts:
If Daboll is the guy, then it makes the most sense to pick Schoen as GM right? I know it’s the Bears but hell, this isn’t that hard to connect the dots.

Pushing everything from last night aside, I still want the best GM first and foremost. The Bears need to focus on finding the right GM first. Then you worry about finding a coach that can work with said GM. I say all that because if you get the right GM, then you are building a roster that several different coaches could win with - not just maybe this guy.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Dolphins are meeting Daboll and Frazier in person. Bears are doing a Zoom. George probably didn’t want to spring for the airfare….
Sarcasm I assume? Bears have already said they'll conduct all initial visits via zoom then bring finalists in for in person visits

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
We will see now if McDaniels was part of the plan and will see if ownership has any input. He was interviewed last time and seemed to be one of the finalists. Doubt if Pollian would want him but this should be an inclusive search. He is the most experienced OC in the NFL. They should interview him. Doesn't mean they have to hire him. NE has been one of the best teams in the NFL for years at adjusting for the team they are playing and for the players they have. Sure would like to see the Bears doing that.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Hopefully the Bears are taking their time and finding candidates that are actually interested in becoming the Bears HC and GM and not just angling for the big payday like Nagy…

Canth

Liked Posts:
We will see now if McDaniels was part of the plan and will see if ownership has any input. He was interviewed last time and seemed to be one of the finalists. Doubt if Pollian would want him but this should be an inclusive search. He is the most experienced OC in the NFL. They should interview him. Doesn't mean they have to hire him. NE has been one of the best teams in the NFL for years at adjusting for the team they are playing and for the players they have. Sure would like to see the Bears doing that.

The other interesting aspect for McDaniels is the story that came out yesterday that he doesn't believe you can win a Superbowl with Mac Jones. Probably should keep those kinds of thoughts in private until maybe you already have another job lined up for sure.

Lots of speculation that he ends up with the Texans due to the Nick Caserio connection. I would be perfectly fine with that.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have never used Zoom (we use webex), but I just had a random thought. Can they easily record the interviews they do on Zoom? Is that a thing where they could go back and review what was said? If that is the case, could the GM hired then review the interviews with the HC candidates and use that to help speed up that process / get everyone on the same page?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have never used Zoom (we use webex), but I just had a random thought. Can they easily record the interviews they do on Zoom? Is that a thing where they could go back and review what was said? If that is the case, could the GM hired then review the interviews with the HC candidates and use that to help speed up that process / get everyone on the same page?
Yes they can. We use webex, zoom, and teams. Quite the pain in the ass using 3 different platforms lol

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
The other interesting aspect for McDaniels is the story that came out yesterday that he doesn't believe you can win a Superbowl with Mac Jones. Probably should keep those kinds of thoughts in private until maybe you already have another job lined up for sure.

Lots of speculation that he ends up with the Texans due to the Nick Caserio connection. I would be perfectly fine with that.
McDaniels should learn that if everyone thinks you’re an asshole, you probably shouldn’t open your mouth and remove all doubt…

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No you are focusing on the tree ie QB while I am looking at the forest ie the whole team and offense.

Your argument is stupid. You sign Brady over Winston or most QBs because he is the GOAT. Duh.

Yeah I would take Roman over Daboll as well.
Not really. The bears will never have a good offense without solid quarter back play. The Bucs have a ton more fire power to sustain a throw it up offense to still be able to walk away from a season with 30 INTs and have a high points per game. That’s not sustainable in Chicago, the only way the Bears offense will find long term success is if Justin develops. Byron has never developed any quarterback.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Dolphins are meeting Daboll and Frazier in person. Bears are doing a Zoom. George probably didn’t want to spring for the airfare….
Maybe the Dolphins are ready to hire them and the Bears, well, they're just not sure what to do

Rise

Liked Posts:
It’s obvious the Dolphins are going in person to hire a Frazier right?