***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
I said I was intrigued, not advocating.

That said, there's no questioning how successful he's been. You make a very good point about him not being around for the long haul, but that doesn't mean that a well respected coach like Caldwell, coupled with a good GM, couldn't mean a good transition plan.
Caldwell for OC if the Bears go with a defensive background at HC. I'd be very happy with that

Rise

Liked Posts:
Caldwell would present a nice balance to Flores. That’s the only way I want to see him in the building. Hiring this old man as HC has zero chance to be a long term hire, which means you’re guaranteeing multiple coaches for Fields. Which pretty much dooms his career.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Reggie Mackenzie is starting to interest me. He’s got many years experience as an nfl executive, he’s sure to have connections throughout the league.

mackenzie and Daboll?

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Caldwell? A fine coach, but how can this not be screaming John Fox redeaux? Fox had plenty of bona fides...took two teams to the SB. No, no, no and no. Lets hire someone who might potentially settle in ala John Harbaugh, Pete Carrol and Mike Tomlin.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's 66 damn years old. Only two head coaches (non-interim) in NFL history have coached a game past the age of 70 (Halas, Levy).

Historically speaking, Caldwell likely only has a couple years left in him before he's done. The Bears have a young quarterback and are rebuilding. Why bother with someone who can't be here for the long haul? I don't see the logic or the upside to Jim Caldwell.

He is a good teacher. If he can teach Fields over the next 4 to 5 years then it will be a success. Certainly not my top choice but these ageism comments are silly.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
As much as I don't want Frazier, I'm much more concerned with getting the right gm and letting them choose their coach

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Didn’t Favre make the pro bowl with 22 and 22 early on in his career?
Favre is the most overrated QB that ever lived. Aaron Rodgers is 100x better.

EDIT - Second most overrated. See: Namath, Joe

Last edited: