***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiring Caldwell would be just like hiring Fox. 3 years of rebuilding followed by new coach.

The difference is Fields gets a coach who actually knows how to help QBs. Peyton Manning has talked about how Caldwell helped in his development. His tenure in Detroit was probably Stafford’s best years. From ‘14-‘17 Stafford threw for almost 18k yards (4.5k/yr) 107 tds (26.75/yr) and 45 ints (11.25/yr)(2.4:1 td:int). If he could get Fields to that level then his tenure here would be a success and the next coach would have a high end QB and (hopefully) an up and coming roster.

As others have said a succession plan being in place would be ideal and a big part of whether I’d personally be happy or not with the hire. My best guess is Caldwell would want Pep Hamilton for OC/heir apparent role if that were indeed the route they wanted to take.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hiring Caldwell would be just like hiring Fox. 3 years of rebuilding followed by new coach.

The difference is Fields gets a coach who actually knows how to help QBs. Peyton Manning has talked about how Caldwell helped in his development. His tenure in Detroit was probably Stafford’s best years. From ‘14-‘17 Stafford threw for almost 18k yards (4.5k/yr) 107 tds (26.75/yr) and 45 ints (11.25/yr)(2.4:1 td:int). If he could get Fields to that level then his tenure here would be a success and the next coach would have a high end QB and (hopefully) an up and coming roster.

As others have said a succession plan being in place would be ideal and a big part of whether I’d personally be happy or not with the hire. My best guess is Caldwell would want Pep Hamilton for OC/heir apparent role if that were indeed the route they wanted to take.
He would be the Lovie of offenses, not necessarily a bad thing. Very safe hire

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ed Dodds interviewed today. He might still be interviewing. @ThatGuyRyan

Not sold on that guy to be honest. The Colts are the only team that has fucked up QB worse than us. I still thank God they beat out Pace for Wentz.

Aside from that it seems most of the Colts draft successes have come on D where I would prefer someone with a strong track record drafting O talent particularly at WR. I suppose their OL picks have been solid but Nelson was a bit of a no brainer.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would be the Lovie of offenses, not necessarily a bad thing. Very safe hire
He is one of the few candidates I’m neither for or against really. The one thing that does kind of bug me about Caldwell is that his running game has historically sucked.

But on the flip side he had Peyton Manning for a long time and from what I’ve read of Caldwell’s time in Indy is he would send in three plays to the huddle and Peyton would call one at the line that he felt would work best, usually 2 pass 1 run. So we know Peyton wanted to pass as often as possible. While in Detroit he probably did the same thing with Stafford. Neither team really had anything special at RB if my memory serves correctly.

That got me thinking though… would Caldwell pair up with Klint Kubiak who is now most likely unemployed from the Vikes? Bring that Shanahan zone running scheme to pair with the Caldwell’s passing scheme? That could make for a very effective/efficient offense.