My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Since the Athletic reported that hiring Pace was essentially a good boy’s system, this is far and away on the opposite spectrum.

Last time they only interviewed 5 candidates and missed out on a bunch of up and comers like Beane (Buffalo) and Veach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hate to break this to pretty much everyone in the NFL, but zoom and zoom like companies have been around for ages. Jesus ?
When the Bears hired Pace I think everything was face to face. So it may be new for them. Seems like a lot of other teams are still doing face to face right off the bat. ?‍♂️

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since the Athletic reported that hiring Pace was essentially a good boy’s system, this is far and away on the opposite spectrum.

Last time they only interviewed 5 candidates and missed out on a bunch of up and comers like Beane (Buffalo) and Veach.
Or it’s a dog and pony show and they already know who they want. (For the cynics out there)

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Are the R.McKenzie and M.Ossenfort interviews for GM coming from B.Flores?

That is a connection I was not expecting.

You really gotta believe in Flores to push aside
someone like Dodds, unless they bombed the interview.

I think McKenzie got a raw deal as a GM though.

Luke

Liked Posts:
That is a connection I was not expecting.

You really gotta believe in Flores to push aside
someone like Dodds
, unless they bombed the interview.

I think McKenzie got a raw deal as a GM though.

if its between these two, Dodds in NYC minute.
Matter of fact, Dodds is my #1 hire whether gm or hc.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Brian Flores just scares me. Something is very very off there. Everything coming out of Miami is worrisome and there’s no way I trust this guy to construct their roster. Very few HCs actually deserve to have that kind of power (Bill B, Reid, etc) and he is demanding it with 0 merit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all have our favorites. McDaniels and Leftwich are at the absolute bottom of the list for me. Brady made Leftwich. McDaniel is a fucking douchebag and a total failure at HC.

And no...I am not interested in entering the vortex with you. I am not going to change your mind and you aren't going to change mine.

Change my mind about what exactly. I never claimed Leftwich was my favorite in this thread. I simply gave examples of guys I felt had success with multiple QBs and or teams. That list included Leftwich, Hackett, Bowles and Frazier. In the end I don't really care who they hire as no one knows who will be good. All that matters is whether whoever they hire is a success. I only care about results at this point not who someone's favorite is.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Hub has had an interesting last month or so ?

Nothing ever makes sense until it makes sense…

“What happened the last time the Bears hired a coach just fired a week earlier, who was 38-10 his previous three seasons, not losing as many as four games more than once?

That, of course, was John Fox.

A little basic research shows that Flores went 24-25 in Miami, didn’t make the playoffs, went through four offensive coordinators in three seasons, including a goofy co-offensive coordinator setup this past season, and finished 27th, 22nd and 25th in total offense across his three seasons.”

That is a weird ass comp.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
With Flores, the key is what did he learn? Does he now have a MUCH better idea of what he wants in an OC and offense? Is he better able to lead and work with people? It’s a huge risk to assume those issues will clear up.

With Daboll, I think all the questions are already answered. He’s been through it, and he has learned from it. He’s ready.