***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes I vortex all the time so I can see when someone is going down that road. If you wish to emulate me then that is fine but you better have a thick skin for when people try to tell you enough is enough Padawan.

nah bro you do you I don’t want to get into anything. I don’t take this that serious almost everything I write is light hearted. I love the bears but this helps me cope with the sadness they bring me lol.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
nah bro you do you I don’t want to get into anything. I don’t take this that serious almost everything I write is light hearted. I love the bears but this helps me cope with the sadness they bring me lol.
The Bears serve as an infinite source of disappointment for you as well? Misery loves company.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m not losing any sleep if Daboll chooses the Giants. I am intrigued by him but like all the other coordinators he is an unknown. I’m sure Giants fans will be thrilled going from what they had though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again with the Brady reference. By "tweak", you mean Brady told him what to put in the offense... lol

Brady brings 20 years of successful offense, he's like a coach on the field. But sure, Leftwich is an offense guru because he has someone else make his offense for him. /s

No by tweak, I mean he learned what Brady liked and adjusted the plays he called.

“We’re doing the same stuff,” Leftwich said Tuesday. “I know there’s this big talk about everything. The offense is based on the quarterback. That’s what I believe in in coaching. It’s always been that way. I told you guys it took us time. We didn’t have an opportunity to practice (during the pandemic shutdown) so we were trying to figure things out on Sunday.

“But we’re not doing all this motion stuff, I don’t know where you get all that from. We put our quarterback in the best position to have success all the time and that’s how we’ve always looked at it. Week 1 last year. Did we do a better job? We may have as we learned each other, me and Tom ... I did a better job of putting him in position. But we didn’t go and start doing all this different stuff.”

It is just funny how Weiss, Gase, McDaniels, BoB and all these other coaches can work with Manning or Brady and their abilities don't get questioned but somehow it is an issue with Leftwich. As sesame street would say,

One Of These Things (Is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No by tweak, I mean he learned what Brady liked and adjusted the plays he called.

“We’re doing the same stuff,” Leftwich said Tuesday. “I know there’s this big talk about everything. The offense is based on the quarterback. That’s what I believe in in coaching. It’s always been that way. I told you guys it took us time. We didn’t have an opportunity to practice (during the pandemic shutdown) so we were trying to figure things out on Sunday.

“But we’re not doing all this motion stuff, I don’t know where you get all that from. We put our quarterback in the best position to have success all the time and that’s how we’ve always looked at it. Week 1 last year. Did we do a better job? We may have as we learned each other, me and Tom ... I did a better job of putting him in position. But we didn’t go and start doing all this different stuff.”

It is just funny how Weiss, Gase, McDaniels, BoB and all these other coaches can work with Manning or Brady and their abilities don't get questioned but somehow it is an issue with Leftwich. As sesame street would say,

One Of These Things (Is Not Like The Others)
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
Ummmm pretty sure someone JUST mentioned a few posts ago that Gase was a fraud riding Peyton's coattails lmao.

So that's your bar, Weiss, McDaniels and Bill O'Brien? Okay wow...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummmm pretty sure someone JUST mentioned a few posts ago that Gase was a fraud riding Peyton's coattails lmao.

So that's your bar, Weiss, McDaniels and Bill O'Brien? Okay wow...

I think you missed the point. Someone in 2022 said he was a fraud. However, he still got 2 head coaching jobs. I was commenting on how it surely did not stop him from getting HC opportunities but now he is being used as an example to knock a person of color from getting a gig. So now black coaches are being judged by the failures of their white counterparts that get multiple chances to fail.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Brady putting McDaniels in his place.

And a story about part of the reason he left was because he wanted more input in McDaniels offense. I guess Leftwich is smart enough to actually listen to the GOAT unlike McDaniels.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think you missed the point. Someone in 2022 said he was a fraud. However, he still got 2 head coaching jobs. I was commenting on how it surely did not stop him from getting HC opportunities but now he is being used as an example to knock a person of color from getting a gig. So now black coaches are being judged by the failures of their white counterparts that get multiple chances to fail.
Wow, okay moving the conversation to race. That's not what I was talking about. Peace out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow, okay moving the conversation to race. That's not what I was talking about. Peace out.

Never said it was what you were talking about. I just find it strange that all these things that applied to white coaches that got HC jobs never seem to come up with them until after they fail usually multiple times.

Hell some people are clamoring for McDaniels when Brady left New England because McDaniels could not do the very thing Leftwich is being knocked for ie give the GOAT input into the offense. Somehow McDaniels refusing to do that and causing Brady to leave is not a knock on him but it is a knock on Leftwich that he may have actually welcomed the GOAT's input.

Maybe just maybe we need a coach who unlike McDaniels and Nagy is fine with getting help from others. I wouldn't want McDaniels running Fields out of town because Fields wants more input. Nor would I want a coach who waits to long to give up play calling, takes it back and then fails miserably again and has to give it back.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Leftwich has shown the ability to change his scheme to match his players as well.
Yup. As shown by him having Winston throw the ball more than any other QB in the league in the middle of a 30 INT season.

Do what works (or doesn’t) and abandon the run!!!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yup. As shown by him having Winston throw the ball more than any other QB in the league in the middle of a 30 INT season.

Do what works (or doesn’t) and abandon the run!!!

Didn't Winston also throw for 5,000 yards and over 30 TDs? Both would be Bears franchise records.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Have not been keeping up.

Did we interview Kwesi Adofo-Mensah? I feel like his resume crushes some of these other guys as a potential GM.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Have not been keeping up.

Did we interview Kwesi Adofo-Mensah? I feel like his resume crushes some of these other guys as a potential GM.

We did, don’t think the old men understood him, they like Cook more. Also, rumors are this GM will go with Harbaugh.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Brian Flores just scares me. Something is very very off there. Everything coming out of Miami is worrisome and there’s no way I trust this guy to construct their roster. Very few HCs actually deserve to have that kind of power (Bill B, Reid, etc) and he is demanding it with 0 merit.
I don't like it either, you can't be a dictator like BB unless you've earned the chops otherwise no one goes along with it.