***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Has Flores had anymore interviews with other teams? Seems like the Giants are leaning towards Daboll, so it’s Texans or us. I think he already has one of these jobs, and if it were the Texans then why wait?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Have not been keeping up.

Did we interview Kwesi Adofo-Mensah? I feel like his resume crushes some of these other guys as a potential GM.
yes they did, said he's a brilliant guy and has 2 degrees from prestige universities. Really light experience reads like just analytics and good communicator to me, no thanks, hard pass.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Has Flores had anymore interviews with other teams? Seems like the Giants are leaning towards Daboll, so it’s Texans or us. I think he already has one of these jobs, and if it were the Texans then why wait?
He's been tied to QB Watson, read they communicate daily or almost daily and are plotting how to windup with the same team, with all the other crap that's come out no thanks, hard pass.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He's been tied to QB Watson, read they communicate daily or almost daily and are plotting how to windup with the same team, with all the other crap that's come out no thanks, hard pass.

you passing on everyone, who do you want them to hire?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is they are trying to find a GM who will hire Flores instead of letting the GM pick his coach.

My opinion and slight prediction only, don't freak out message boards heros
no worry's Z, I never freak out
My guess is they are trying to find a GM who will hire Flores instead of letting the GM pick his coach.

My opinion and slight prediction only, don't freak out message boards heros

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Harbaugh goes to Vegas is that saying it's a better gig, or that Chicago is a mess and he doesn't want to be a part of it? Seems like a good fit to come here, but IDK if I see it. He probably knows what a mess management is.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
So if Harbaugh goes to Vegas is that saying it's a better gig, or that Chicago is a mess and he doesn't want to be a part of it? Seems like a good fit to come here, but IDK if I see it. He probably knows what a mess management is.
I think it says that he'll get more control (and probably a 10 year contract lol) and get to do what he wants.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have not been keeping up.

Did we interview Kwesi Adofo-Mensah? I feel like his resume crushes some of these other guys as a potential GM.

Yes a few days ago. He interviewed with the Vikes yesterday.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Who knows. Until he goes over there and says something, then we will know. I know he’s good friends with Mark Davis. Maybe that’s why? Lots of possible reasons.

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Money, gorgeous new stadium, likely gets to be the GM too and no state income taxes. If Mark Davis wants Harbaugh, he'll spend whatever it takes to try to get him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't see it that way, maybe with Mayock gone he gets complete and a lot of $$'s, with Bears he gets Fields and a hands off owner for 6-7 years that he knows. I don't think George gives him 10 years and 100 million though.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I would go for Smith, Dodds or Schoen as GM and probably Daboll or Pederson for HC and keep Deflippo as QB coach.

Smith or Dodds are my top 2. Besides Harbaugh I’d want Daboll or Flores.

My prediction is it will end up as Ossenfort/Flores with ultimate roster control being Flores.

If I was doing the hiring it would be President Smith(all ops, mentor Dobbs)/GM Dobbs (only focus is roster)/HC Daboll.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It really bugs me too. Why not at least have a conversation with him?

They don’t want to pay that money or really shake
up their organization because they believe they can win with their failed structure. They can’t and won’t as we all know.

Askinf the GM to also be in charge of all of football operations is to much. It’s like being HC and GM at the same time, very few can do it. Best to be separate jobs.