Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Frazier is interesting.
He is a Reid and Dungy disciple. Defensive minded. Not sure who he would bring on for the offense. And also not sure he would be anything better than a great Defensive Coordinator. He wouldn't be first on my list but not the worst pick either.

Jim Caldwell would be the offensive guy, I'd wager.

Hot hires ..... in 2007 after their SB win vs. Lovie's Bears.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ted Phillips called Pace and Nagy great leaders and said he has no regrets hiring them. No regrets wasting years on a guy that acted as if he knew how to run an offense. No regrets on a guy who traded up to draft Mitch over Mahomes. No. Regrets.

Being agreeable and being nice and running safe pressers that always play as if nothing is ever wrong and everything is eternally optimistic is THE priority for the Bears owners. Period.

Harbaugh, McDaniels, Rick Smith etc are just as much pipe dreams as Ballard, Arians, etc. In a few years, we will be back here in this same spot. Even if 2022 is a surprise winning season. #calledit

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Didn’t polian say that lamar jackson should become a WR?

Yes but Polian defenders in another thread say that is nothing to worry about.

Honestly though, that doesn't bother me as much as George and Ted will limit the candidates to nice, pleasant, optimistic guys who will keep being optimistic and putting the best spin on everything first and foremost.

Winners who have guts and say it like it is need not apply.

Polian will just pick the best out of the "short- list" optimistic nice guys that George and Ted approve before football IQ even begins to come in as a factor.

That is far more the issue than Polian's bad Lamar take imo

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OK the head coach is going to have to be Jim Harbaugh and he is going to have to bring in Vic Fangio and hope to God he can get a good offensive coordinator and we will worry later about the GM.

But this fucking shit show with this fucking family is never gonna be able to attract the right people if they don’t already have some sort of a tie or some loyalty to the Bears.

Hire the arrogant motherfucker from Michigan and let him bitch and whine to his new GM and get his way. that will help.

He won’t be Lovie where he sits back and just takes bad QB after bad QB after bad QB. He’ll be a thorn in the side of the GM and that will be a good thing in some ways. just do it

At least Harbaugh will bring credibility. This franchise has none.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bill Polian helping hire a GM is like the veterans committee in baseball voting for the Hall of Fame. It won’t come down to who is actually worthy it will come down to who is a friend.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
If the Bears pick Pedersan then who does he want to be his GM because usurally it goes the other way around where the boss hires his own coach but if they are interviewing Pedarson before he even has a boss to acturally do the interview seems like that is back ass-towards like literally flipped and inverted 180% opposite of what is supposed to be like and maybe they are giving Doug too much power?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe I was a little too harsh on Polian. I like these GM candidates. One of them, Kwesi Mensah, is very much an analytics guy. Never thought Polian would be out here recommending analytics guys.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe I was a little too harsh on Polian. I like these GM candidates. One of them, Kwesi Mensah, is very much an analytics guy. Never thought Polian would be out here recommending analytics guys.

What else do we know about him?