***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Question One: Generally speaking, how good is this job?

Great. In the last month, about twenty personnel guys around the league have asked me what I thought was happening with Ryan. That’s why I finally asked you. [I believe this was the first time he ever asked me for information.] The job comes with a lot of scrutiny but if you win, that’s your legacy. And because they sadly have not won often, the job has more long-term value than say Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

Question Two: Is Justin Fields viewed as an asset?

I’m a fan. And I know a lot of other guys are too. Just knowing you don’t have to deal with that position for a couple years while you build a roster is something that candidates will find very attractive.

Question Three: Without studying the Bears, where would you start?

I think the Bears have a lot of players that are “good enough” at key positions. But they need more blue chippers. How many do they have on that offense? Montgomery. Mooney has potential. That’s it right now. You need like five of those guys on both sides of the ball these days. The Bears have never, really for decades, been a team you line up against and fear them putting 40 on you. That has to change.
I like your posts but am trying to understand this one. Is this you questioning a connected person whose name is redacted or just a hypothetical? Sorry if I'm dense.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I like your posts but am trying to understand this one. Is this you questioning a connected person whose name is redacted or just a hypothetical? Sorry if I'm dense.
This is DBBs friend who is in the league as an executive. He has had a few redacted articles over time to get his input…

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
My only reservation about Flores is in three years he has had 4 OCs and 2 DCs. That is a little worrisome.
I agree troubles me as well, maybe great DC but I like his style and ethic's.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

No, this isn't me.

This is DaBearsBlog questioning an NFL exec on another team whose name he redacted.

I just did a copy-paste to put the news here.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dodds would be my #2
Ben is about connected as they come so everyone should pay attention here. Good find. Thanks for posting.
Not sure how I feel about Daboll. I am more concerned with GM at this point. A corpse would be a better coach than Nagy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ummmm, radio down here in Miami just said Saban to Chicago is picking up steam?
Miami, in addition to having a franchise owner who graduated from UM and would probably love to all have the Harbaugh rumors, also has a lot of UF graduates that would love to see Saban out of the SEC.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Not surprised you are a little confused. That poster has a habit of wording things in a way that makes it seem like it's his info. He's just grabbing things off twitter and posting them.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Bama has the No 1 recruiting class just about every year. Saban has struggled in the NFL because the draft and cap limit how many top players he can sign.

If college had a draft, it would be like Bama having say 20 of the first 30 picks in the draft. That is a far cry from building an NFL team.
If this was true Bama would fall apart every year in the post season when they play similarly talented teams. Let’s not sit here and act like he doesn’t know his X’s and O’s

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I like that Dodd speaks in the third person.