***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
True. Giants can turn things around in a big hurry if they can bring in (much) better guys this time. Franchise multiple titles is alluring.
They've been a good organization, and should appeal to people. But they can't just "bring in" talent on the field due to their history. They do have 2 first rounders in 2022, but they also have a shitshow on the field, and most importantly, they may be in no man's land on a QB with a guy just good enough to keep another year but not really the long term answer.

It's certainly possible a new GM who is self-assured just says "fuck that" and drafts a QB, but the draft is weak, too.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
True. Giants can turn things around in a big hurry if they can bring in (much) better guys this time. Franchise multiple titles is alluring.
Have to think someone looks at like "they must have done something right". Bears? Yuck.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Michigan cut his salary, he’s making less than 5 mil a season before incentives. Harbaugh has a huge ego based on everything written in regards to his time in SF. He could feel some underlying resentment with his pay cut, even though it was warranted.

It’s not aboot the actual money necessarily, but a feeling of being slighted. His brother makes 9 mil a season in Baltimore. Again, this opinion is based on reports of his petty attitude in San Fran while battling the GM.
This is one angle I consider with Harbaugh. Maybe he stays with a big raise and maybe he leaves, but in either case, after finally having some success on the field, he will try to make Michigan pay for what had to seem like a slap last year. That slight may be what prompts him to leave. He also has never stayed anywhere too long, though to be fair it's always been a step up until he left SF.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
From the tweets I saw regarding Denver's and Miami's HC candidates, it does not appear the Bears will be going head to head with those organizations.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From the tweets I saw regarding Denver's and Miami's HC candidates, it does not appear the Bears will be going head to head with those organizations.

I'd like to see the Bears interview Brian Callahan. He's on Denver's list.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears are the #1 job out there by far (not even close). They will get their choice of all the candidates, just up to them to pick the right ones.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Anyone interesting on theirs?

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Why are the Bears interviewing candidates without a GM?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Wonder if they gonna interview Harold Goodwin. If they’re not yet, they should.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
GM candidates are more than likely being interviewed. Probably virtually, we just won’t hear about those.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again, just because they are interviewing both GMs/HCs doesn't mean they are going to make hires out of order. All of these are probably Zoom interviews, and the initial interviews. I hardly doubt they'll be hiring based off of one interview.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Omar Kahn of the steelers next up for GM interview.