***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is a complete clown show. Interviewing like 30 people for this job when obvious candidates are sitting their ready to go. Why must they be “wow’d” in an interview? I can count on my hand the amount of times this type of hire has worked out.

They are not competent enough to see through bs, and the position is to detailed for someone with no experience since they will have no mentors to lean on in the building.

What is most likely to happen is they fall in love with some random again who is not ready, plus they will miss out on the top HC and have to settle on someone.

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
JOJO WOODENFO, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bears requested an interview with Chargers director of player personnel JoJo Wooden for the team's general manager vacancy.​

Chicago continues casting a wide net in the search for the team's next general manager. Wooden, who Rapoport described as a "key lieutenant" of Chargers GM Tom Telesco, formerly worked under Bill Polian, who is heading the Bears' general manager search. Wooden has been mentioned as an under-the-radar candidate to land the Bears' GM job.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is a complete clown show. Interviewing like 30 people for this job when obvious candidates are sitting their ready to go. Why must they be “wow’d” in an interview? I can count on my hand the amount of times this type of hire has worked out.

They are not competent enough to see through bs, and the position is to detailed for someone with no experience since they will have no mentors to lean on in the building.

What is most likely to happen is they fall in love with some random again who is not ready, plus they will miss out on the top HC and have to settle on someone.

I honestly have no idea why people are upset over talking to lots of candidates.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I honestly have no idea why people are upset over talking to lots of candidates.
Me either. They are going about this the right way. It does not mean they are going to hire the right guy but there is absolutely nothing wrong with interviewing the amount of candidates they have on the list.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Me either. They are going about this the right way. It does not mean they are going to hire the right guy but there is absolutely nothing wrong with interviewing the amount of candidates they have on the list.
I really want to start a WHY HAVEN'T THE BEARS HIRED A GM YET???? thread on the main forum. Just to get the meatballs riled up.

Rise

Liked Posts:

The more they talk to the better chance of them getting swindled again. See Emery, Trestman, Pace I could go on and on.

Stop hiring based on interviews, pick the best resume and move on.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The more they talk to the better chance of them getting swindled again. See Emery, Trestman, Pace I could go on and on.

Uh you really do need to interview people. Surely you realize this?

I mean if you're going to work with someone for years and pay them millions you have to spend a day or two getting to know them.

I get your point but I'd be concerned with George even if it were two candidates.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D'ya ever wonder, when a candidate is interviewed by the Bears, and his feeling is the Bears have no intention of hiring him, but are only "picking his brain," that the candidate would lie about what he "would do?"

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Giving a lot of 1st interviews to minority candidates. Not real surprising and not a real issue. Sure seems like Smith is the obvious choice. Need the GM in a week or so. They should do in house interviews for the HC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Uh you really do need to interview people. Surely you realize this?

I mean if you're going to work with someone for years and pay them millions you have to spend a day or two getting to know them.

I get your point but I'd be concerned with George even if it were two candidates.

no you need to talk to people and confirm what you think you know. Not sit back and wait for the best bullshit salesman to make themselves sound perfect.

Just once I’d like to see the Bears get the fucking man. Like when the Chiefs grabbed Andy Reid, no wide net needed, made it happen.

did the cubs need a wide net to find Theo?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

Yeah, there comes a point where interviewing too many guys becomes a problem and hinders your ability to hire a HC if other teams are poaching the best guys first.

Ed Dodds and Rick Smith are easily the most qualified candidates on their list. I wish they would have just stuck to those guys and picked out maybe 4-5 more up and comers just to cover all their bases and went with that. The rest of these guys are just needless filler that's going to end up being a mega time waster and potentially put them behind all the other teams who will be ready to make a final decision well before the Bears and leave them with scraps.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no you need to talk to people and confirm what you think you know. Not sit back and wait for the best bullshit salesman to make themselves sound perfect.

Just once I’d like to see the Bears get the fucking man. Like when the Chiefs grabbed Andy Reid, no wide net needed, made it happen.

did the cubs need a wide net to find Theo?
OK who’s the man? I don’t see a Reid or Theo.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I personally think that if Polian would have been sitting in on the interviews, Nagy would have been found out immediately,,,,,

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
This could be telling. I don't think its as telling as the other assistants flocking to Ohio State with Day.

However- you could make the case a coach wouldn't go to Michigan if they didn't know Harbaugh wasn't staying. Its just one position coach and Harbaugh may have told him he wasn't sure if he was staying yet or not...but I doubt it.
Yeah, this isn't good news for Bears fans that want Harbaugh, but it also isn't out of the realm of possibility that Harbaugh may have told the guy he hired that he would be a part of his staff at the NFL if he ended up taking a job, and the guy was cool with that, too.