***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
Been saying it but Caldwell as OC for Flores would be a good pairing. Smith or Dodds as GM. This would be a nice outcome but no way they pull it off. Caldwell for HC is a joke.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Such a dense response. Keep reading the thread I believe I answered this already.

identify, confirm via conversation, hire.

The research should have been complete well in advance of Monday. This isn’t a huge talent pool.

The top guys are:

GM:
Rick Smith (he would hire his HC)

or

HC:
Harbaugh (he would hire his GM)

Pick a path, act, win.

Now they may not turn out to be the best, very well could be a young star to hire, but this team doesn’t have the owner to identify potential. Pay for as close to a sure thing as you can. Move forward.

Hope this clears it up.
You can certainly identify targets, but remember you're not drafting players. You're hiring GMs and they are interviewing with more than just the Bears.

Imagine interviewing only two guys with three GM spots open. If, for example, they landed in Minnesota and New York, and the bears had to just then start interviewing more candidates, are you saying you'd be OK with that? Because that makes no sense.

I have hired many people, and often a candidate early in the process did very well, and often was in fact the one we hired. But we didn't cancel other interviews. What do you have to lose by interviewing more people, as long as you keep it in a short time frame.

What would be "dense" would be thinking the bears need only send an offer letter to Rick Smith just so they could say they moved quickly. Not every qualified candidate is the right fit.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You can certainly identify targets, but remember you're not drafting players. You're hiring GMs and they are interviewing with more than just the Bears.

Imagine interviewing only two guys with three GM spots open. If, for example, they landed in Minnesota and New York, and the bears had to just then start interviewing more candidates, are you saying you'd be OK with that? Because that makes no sense.

I have hired many people, and often a candidate early in the process did very well, and often was in fact the one we hired. But we didn't cancel other interviews. What do you have to lose by interviewing more people, as long as you keep it in a short time frame.

What would be "dense" would be thinking the bears need only send an offer letter to Rick Smith just so they could say they moved quickly. Not every qualified candidate is the right fit.

This isn’t hiring for some normal job in a company. 3 spots in the world are open. The risk by interviewing a ton of people is losing out on their top choice. Or overthinking it and taking some interview champion who is in over his head.

I trust you more than I trust George to pick the right GM. So let’s try taking the guess work out of it and just get the proven people who we know can do the job.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a dumbass statement.
If this person were exceptionally wise and physically fit with an uncanny charisma that could command a room, then sure. But....most of the time it ain't that. Bears need to gamble and go for a young offensive mind.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

There should be another interview today unless George needs to take a break after spending so much time interacting with plebs.
Hackett has been the most interest name out there.

He is buried fairly deep with Lafleur there and Rodgers. How much is it that dynamic vs what he is doing. Then again, you could easily look at McVay.

This screams a little Nagy to me without any OC though.

here is the thread form the above post:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
An interesting name. The teams did him a disservice when he was let go. I am hesitant on HC but would be all in on OC.
He was the best HC the Lions have had in a long time for sure. But he’s a really conservative-minded HC. Plays not too lose often. Not sure that would be a fit for Fields’ skill set.