1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m still carrying the scars from Nagy. Hackett is intriguing but scares me a bit. Reminds me a bit of Nagy. Although, he did get the most out of Bortles and the Jags offense once upon a time which is more impressive than anything Nagy has ever done

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're doing this the right way, here's a refresher for the 2017 hiring cycle

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m still carrying the scars from Nagy. Hackett is intriguing but scares me a bit. Reminds me a bit of Nagy. Although, he did get the most out of Bortles and the Jags offense once upon a time which is more impressive than anything Nagy has ever done
I would be fine with him, like Moore and even Leftwich I would be worried he was propped up by a stacked offense / QB.. (but he had success in Jax)

The big thing for any HC they hire is how quick they can turn this around. Pace left a shit sandwich. I would worry a first time HC would struggle, I guess as he hires the right assistants it wouldn't matter.. unless he was a meglomaniac like Nagy.. fucking life of being a Bears fan

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I looked into a Hackett a little. I’m not really that impressed with his resume. Yes the Bortles season is impressive and these Packers teams have been very good but other than that he’s been a part of some pretty blah and bad teams.

He’s coached under Gruden in TB, Jauron in Buf, Marrone in Buf and Jax and now LaFluer.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I looked into a Hackett a little. I’m not really that impressed with his resume. Yes the Bortles season is impressive and these Packers teams have been very good but other than that he’s been a part of some pretty blah and bad teams.

He’s coached under Gruden in TB, Jauron in Buf, Marrone in Buf and Jax and now LaFluer.
Hackett has a combined eight seasons of NFL experience as a coordinator with the Buffalo Bills (2013-2014), Jacksonville Jaguars (2016-2018) and Packers (2019-present). He also spent three seasons as an offensive assistant at Syracuse under Doug Marrone. Hackett’s earliest days in the NFL included stints as an offensive quality control coach under Dick Jauron for two seasons with the Bills and in the same role under Jon Gruden for two more seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Since Hackett joined Matt LeFleur’s staff in Green Bay in 2019, the Packers have gone 39-10 in the regular season and played in the last two NFC championship games with a third possible this month. While LeFleur is the Packers’ play-caller and Rodgers is in line to win his fourth league MVP award, Hackett’s influence on things should not go understated. “I would hate to lose him,” Rodgers said earlier this season. “But I do feel like he would be a fantastic head coach.” Over the last two seasons, the Packers offense has averaged 376.9 yards and 29.1 points per game. (The Bears have averaged 319 yards and 20.7 points during that span.)

Hackett is known as a hyper-organized leader with an energetic coaching style that connects with players both on the field and especially in meeting rooms. He has a knack for seeing the game through a quarterback’s eyes but teaching with a blend of creativity and charisma that resonates. Hackett’s dad was a longtime NFL assistant coach who cut his teeth under Bill Walsh with the San Franciso 49ers in the mid-1980s.

“He’s been around the game a long time. What he did in Jacksonville (in 2017), I think, was pure magic, getting them within a quarter of the Super Bowl. He’s a great coach. I love spending time with him. He’s a fantastic teacher. He’s incredible in front of the room.” – Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers this week on “The Pat McAfee Show”

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Just curious, how much do you guys think Polian is getting paid for his services?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this guys name really Nathaniel? Srsly?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Is this guys name really Nathaniel? Srsly?
That is literally the long version of the more familiar name named "Nate" and some people acturally shorten it even more so to "Nat" literally kind of like the bug but with out the G in the front which is literally pronounced sighlently.

For example there is an old blues music player named "Nat King Coal" whomst was once looked up to upon as the King of blues or something like that.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is the long version of the more familiar name named "Nate" and some people acturally shorten it even more so to "Nat" kind of like the bug but with out the G in the front which is pronounced sighlently.

For example there is an old blues music player named "Nat King Coal" whomst was once looked up to upon as the King of blues or something like that.
You’d think he would go by Nathan or Nate. Nathaniel sounds lame af

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Not saying he will be a great HC, but this is why I’d put him above guys like Moore or Leftwich. Having the experience in multiple systems is key.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I could live with that.
And I laugh every time I see Pep Hamilton‘s name come up. For some reason he’s always getting touted but he’s never really had a significant role, has he?
I think Culley was always a 1 year stop gap so no surprise to me. Pep was/is overrated to me I remember him in Chicago and it was boring and disgusting.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just curious, how much do you guys think Polian is getting paid for his services?
Too much. I’d do it for free Portillos and the opportunity to make sure the Bears didn’t fuck it up. (It doesn’t take an “expert” to put together the list the Bears have). Any of us that follow the NFL could do that.