***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I see Jo Jo Wooden interviewed for GM job today and wonder if the Bears were "smitten" with him.
Also read they're adding Dennis Allen to the HC interview list, when do they have enough candidates?
Crazy!

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Why does this writer considr it big based on the other interview the same day? Because they're from the same org? That's connecting dots that may or may not exist.
I think he is connecting all of the dots (no idea what that means)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
These two have to work in tandem and have a similar vision. They have to be on the same page. Remember when the McCaskey's pushed Fox onto Pace? Disaster.

And maybe they really like Brown/Eberflus and those two have expressed interest to work together in interviews, idk. This whole process has just been weird though.
I don't understand what you think is so weird.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Daboll is my favorite candidate. But he did say that where he goes, he is bringing Trubisky with him. If that statement was legit, I don’t think either side wants that…
It's simply a compliment to his backup QB. Daboll is hoping for a HC job. He won't be GM. We need not read to much into that statement.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Question for you all. Is the reason that Bears can’t get Harbaugh because McCaskeys are cheap?

Before you get all bent out of shape about it being a ‘“false narrative” hear me out. When it comes to players, management and ownership are ok with spending salary cap money on large contracts and picks for acquisitions, but when it comes to spending out of pocket for a manager -do those wallets close up? In other words we won’t even come close to what it would take to outbid the raiders?

feels like we won’t even be in the conversation. Probably will be in the conversation and pay market price for a coach but we aren’t breakin the bank for anyonez
Well, many here will say Yes it is because they are cheap. These same people most likely have no idea where Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy ranked in relation to their peers in terms of $.

The Raiders threw $100 million at that joke, Jon Gruden, so they may be quick to do the same for Harbaugh. If the Bears don't match that, they're smart. But if they lose qualified candidates for monetary purposes and it's not because someone broke the bank, then fans can pounce. Maybe they lose their guy over dollars. But it's premature to criticize them now for doing so.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
If Harbaugh wants the job he should reach out. He is a bit of a cock tease using the lure of the NFL to extract more money from Michigan so if I am the Bears, I am not getting involved with him unless he is fucking serious.
I think that is a very fair point.

Curious if they do gage his interest. One quick call to get the temp, especially if they have concerns with other HC candidates.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Get on the phone with Harbaugh and ask him how much money he wants, agree to it, and then sign the damn contract. It should be that simple.

If the Bears came to him right now and told him they'll give him 12-15M/yr to coach the Bears, there's no way he's turning that down.