***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Harbaugh wants the job he should reach out. He is a bit of a cock tease using the lure of the NFL to extract more money from Michigan so if I am the Bears, I am not getting involved with him unless he is fucking serious.
HOW DO YOU NOT REACH OUT TO HIM? WTAF. I think he's on the top, or near the top of most lists. You give him a call. Out of respect. To see if there is interest. Why would you not do that? JFC these guys are idiots.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Jahns: Harbaugh strikes me as a candidate who doesn’t need to partake in an interview like the others. There are fewer questions. You should know what you’re getting. Harbaugh won at Stanford, then in the NFL with the 49ers and then turned Michigan’s program around. He knows how to identify good assistants, too. Vic Fangio and Greg Roman worked for him with the 49ers. Harbaugh also possesses the quarterback acumen needed for Justin Fields. The same simply isn’t true for other candidates. Eberflus, Daboll, Hackett and Leftwich don’t have the head-coaching experience that he has, while the expertise of Bowles, Quinn and Flores — three former head coaches — is on defense. Caldwell is arguably the most similar candidate on paper.

Edit: interest last sentence ?

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, former Colts and Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson have emerged as the current favorites in Chicago’s coaching search.

It’s interesting to note that Caldwell turned down interview requests with both the Raiders and Vikings, according to Graziano, which indicates he could be holding out for the Bears job.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
According to ESPN’s Dan Graziano, former Colts and Lions head coach Jim Caldwell, Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson have emerged as the current favorites in Chicago’s coaching search.

It’s interesting to note that Caldwell turned down interview requests with both the Raiders and Vikings, according to Graziano, which indicates he could be holding out for the Bears job.
How does he not mention Eberflus when he’s the only confirmed second interview?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Typical non committal answer from dbb. That's like when someone asks how dinner was and you say fine. It leaves things up for interpretation
These are the comments that I understand how they annoy people. (And may be BS). But he did just call the Allen interview before other people and he’s done that numerous times. He absolutely has a source. But he may put some BS out there too.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
These are the comments that I understand how they annoy people. (And may be BS). But he did just call the Allen interview before other people and he’s done that numerous times. He absolutely has a source. But he may put some BS out there too.
I agree with what you are saying. I wish he didn't try to be a know it all on stuff he doesn't know

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Score guys had an excellent point IMO.

There’s usually only 3 finalists for these jobs. So there’s a 33% chance Eberflus is your next HC….