***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be fine with Caldwell. I think he got a raw deal in Detroit. He's a bit old, so he would need to identify a young assistant coach in the making who would take over after he retires. He needs to get his own Kellen Moore type of guy who can take over. I don't see him coaching more than 4 years. I do think he would bring stability to Fields and the Bears. They would give effort. I also think that means Desai would stay

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Khan makes a ton of sense to me if the Bears are looking for their GM to be more of president of football ops. He could basically setup a pro side and a college side and appoint directors to both side who run their departments/scouts.

I really like the sound of that structure and with his background I’d be pretty confident he’d unfuck the cap ASAP.

Honestly if they like Khan they shoild just give him the President's title and still hire a GM. Let the GM focus on the roster and Khan focus on the cap, contracts, facilities and evaluation of the GM.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would be fine with Caldwell. I think he got a raw deal in Detroit. He's a bit old, so he would need to identify a young assistant coach in the making who would take over after he retires. He needs to get his own Kellen Moore type of guy who can take over. I don't see him coaching more than 4 years. I do think he would bring stability to Fields and the Bears. They would give effort. I also think that means Desai would stay

I think realistically if Desai stays then he would likely be in the running to replace Caldwell. Could still hire a young OC to groom so at least you have 2 in-house candidates once Caldwell retires.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Curious if we see Eberflus as HC and Caldwell as OC / Asst HC?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think realistically if Desai stays then he would likely be in the running to replace Caldwell. Could still hire an young OC to groom so at least you have 2 in-house candidates once Caldwell retires.
jfc

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly if they like Khan they shoild just give him the President's title and still hire a GM. Let the GM focus on the roster and Khan focus on the cap, contracts, facilities and evaluation of the GM.
This makes too much sense. Yet for some reason George wants one person to do it all. One single point of success or failure. Which likely means you get a guy who might be good in some areas but weak in other. Why is George opposed to this I can't understand but maybe it does boil down to money.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This is a damn joke Caldwell is Fox and now the GM candidates get straddled with this has been. So once again it’s an awkward relationship from the start and the clock ticks on when he can be fired and the GM gets to pick his “real” coach.

This organization is a literal ground hogs day of failure. Can’t believe how similar it is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This makes too much sense. Yet for some reason George wants one person to do it all. One single point of success or failure. Which likely means you get a guy who might be good in some areas but weak in other. Why is George opposed to this I can't understand but maybe it does boil down to money.
Yeah, I’m sure Khan would be 100% ok with that situation…not