***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Canth

Liked Posts:
Tyreek Hill is fast. Hot damn. I think Poles was involved in drafting him in the 4th round? I cant remember which round he got drafted in

The only comment I will add to this is, IMO, be careful with the credit to Ryan Poles. In 2016, he was a "College scouting administrator". We have no idea what region he covered or what presentation he may have put together to try and sell Veach on a player. I'm sure it was good and that he could cite some stuff like that in an interview.

That doesn't mean he has displayed the ability to be on the other side of the conversation to pull together the various scouting reports, build a draft board, build a roster, and cap management.

Now, Ryan Poles has been a finalist in several GM postings. So, he is obviously impressing in the interviews. I am just wary of a guy that is still only 36 being put in charge of everything. I'm just not sold on the idea that he has enough proven experience in talent evaluation and football operations to be a GM reporting directly to the owner.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Hire Daboll and find a GM that will get him the type of players he needs to be successful. Don't overcomplicate things. He developed a raw athlete in Josh Allen and helped develop him into one of the best QBs in the league over the course of his 4 years.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only comment I will add to this is, IMO, be careful with the credit to Ryan Poles. In 2016, he was a "College scouting administrator". We have no idea what region he covered or what presentation he may have put together to try and sell Veach on a player. I'm sure it was good and that he could cite some stuff like that in an interview.

That doesn't mean he has displayed the ability to be on the other side of the conversation to pull together the various scouting reports, build a draft board, build a roster, and cap management.

Now, Ryan Poles has been a finalist in several GM postings. So, he is obviously impressing in the interviews. I am just wary of a guy that is still only 36 being put in charge of everything. I'm just not sold on the idea that he has enough proven experience in talent evaluation and football operations to be a GM reporting directly to the owner.
that's a good point. we don't know exactly what role he had in drafting those players. On paper, you could think "oh wow, he drafted Mahomes and Hill", but we don't know where he actually stood on them as prospects

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Giants are in a rough position to upgrade at QB until after next year, and there are no guarantees they can be bad enough to get a good one in a better class later. It's a bit of a gamble to go into that situation thinking you only have to deal with Daniel Jones for a year and then they'll magically be able to find their guy.

The Giants have to be the least attractive job available right now next to Houston. Frankly, I'd be shocked if Daboll chose them before interviewing a 2nd time with other teams.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Daboll is no big loss, unless you want Fields to be a rb for half the game. Bears need a leader not a system. Pass on Fat Nagy.