***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Looks like it's going to come down to Leftwich as our only hope for an offensive guy. Daboll already interviewing for a 2nd time in NY, so you know that's their guy.

JAX seems to be deciding between Eberflus and Leftwich, so we could end up losing out on both offensive candidates and end up with Mr. Cover 2 Matt Eberflus.....

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Got a raw deal in Indianapolis too IMO.

He's still my lead dog in the race. He won't be coaching the Bears in 2030, but he can set this team on the right path in 2022.

I'd be more excited for a Morocco Brown/Jim Caldwell combo than 99% of Bear Nation I bet.
99.79% is more reasonable lol

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Has Morocco Brown even gotten an interview with anybody else? That's concerning to me that nobody else seems to want him, and he might end up getting the Bears job. At least we know Poles has been a finalist in 3 places.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Such a defensive guru that's he's not a defensive coordinator but rather a defensive line coach for the Raiders. GURU baby!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Such a defensive guru that's he's not a defensive coordinator but rather a defensive line coach for the Raiders. GURU baby!

He took over as DC for the Raiders in Dec after a two game losing streak. They proceeded to win 4 in a row and make the playoffs with the D playing pretty well.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL at Marinelli being a defensive guru. Hey Greg, 2010 called and it wants it's hot take back.
haha actually I think it was Dan Quinn who gave a ton of credit to Marinelli .

Marinellie sucked as a HC but he is one of the best defensive coaches in the game

Dpaw

Liked Posts:
No Pace himself said he was all in on Fox. The being saddled with Fox is just something Pace and his supporters released after the fact to distance Pace from Fox.
Well don’t you think it would’ve been weird if Pace said “eh I don’t really like this guy” when Fox was hired. I’d think pretty standard to say you’re all in.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He took over as DC for the Raiders in Dec after a two game losing streak. They proceeded to win 4 in a row and make the playoffs with the D playing pretty well.
Gus Bradley is the defensive coordinator for the Raiders. Marinelli took over as interim defensive coordinator in 2020.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well don’t you think it would’ve been weird if Pace said “eh I don’t really like this guy” when Fox was hired. I’d think pretty standard to say you’re all in.

It is also pretty standard to try and blame others for your failures so we are left with believing his actual words or believing anonymous stories that he is too cowardly to put his name to.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gus Bradley is the defensive coordinator for the Raiders. Marinelli took over as interim defensive coordinator in 2020.

Yeah my bad. Got the years mixed up. Still was a DC as recently as last year and their play down the stretch was certainly driven by the DL play.

He is clearly still a top D coach. I see no reason to pretend otherwise.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd rather have Flores as HC and Caldwell as OC. He was Flores' 1st OC in Miami but had to step away for a medical issue.

Or he stepped away just like Chan Gailey did because Flores is a dick and hard to work with