***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
A
Question: what are everyone’s thoughts on the Bills HC Sean McDermott?

I think he’s a good example of a CEO type HC, as opposed to these hot coordinator candidates
top 5 coach in the league but he did screw up on the kick into the end zone with 13 seconds left, no way they should have lost after having the game won 2 times at the end.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Seems D guys take on these roles better while O guys want to show their offensive prowess through play calling. Quinn, Vrabel, McDermott, etc.

Maybe I am downplaying the D guys available too much. Even Lovie didn’t call D plays until he was on the hot seat.

Sooooo Eberflus?

Main thing is the plan and development of Fields. The rest will play off of that.
The 4 teams left in the playoffs all offensive guys says otherwise.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's what kills me about the Bears courting all these defensive guys for HC. If Brady retires and Rodgers leaves the NFC with a subpar draft for QB's upcoming the NFC is wide open. If Fields can develop he has the potential to be the top QB in the NFC. Think about that for a moment. Yet the Bears want a defensive guy...

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Here's what kills me about the Bears courting all these defensive guys for HC. If Brady retires and Rodgers leaves the NFC with a subpar draft for QB's upcoming the NFC is wide open. If Fields can develop he has the potential to be the top QB in the NFC. Think about that for a moment. Yet the Bears want a defensive guy...
Fields is in my top 5 future QB's and the other 4 are in the AFC, come on Bears pull your head out and get the right offensive guy like the 4 teams still standing in the super bowl chase.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One report is he is a Vegan now after his medical scare. Is it true who knows.

True but Chan Gailey improved the Dolphin offense in his year there. Flores said all staff was coming back the following season and then a bit later, Chan Gailey stepped down

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the transition to Eberflus defensive system should be interesting if he becomes the HC. I know Quinn played in a similar system, but trying to figure out where Mack would play. Do the Bears have good zone corners?

Rise

Liked Posts:
the transition to Eberflus defensive system should be interesting if he becomes the HC. I know Quinn played in a similar system, but trying to figure out where Mack would play. Do the Bears have good zone corners?

Nope it’s a stupid idea and that defense is outdated.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is obviously a 4-3 DE. Can possibly move inside and play 3T on passing downs.