***OFFICAL*** Bears GM/Coaching Search News Thread

Rise

Liked Posts:
I can’t believe nobody has hired a coach yet. Kind of crazy.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let Poles decide. Fuck the rest of them
According to him He (Poles) is the guy that is deciding - He said when Poles interviewed, his list of coaches was more than the 3 now and he might expand the list if he decides to.

Just didn't sound like Harbaugh was on anybodies list-

One of the guys I didn't even think of that was brought up in another thread was Poles - Dave Toub connection?

I would be OK with that

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
According to him He (Poles) is the guy that is deciding - He said when Poles interviewed, his list of coaches was more than the 3 now and he might expand the list if he decides to.

One of the guys I didn't even think of that was brought up in another thread was Poles - Dave Toub connection?

I would be OK with that
Toub is due for a shot. Main question for any and all those guys is their plan for development.

Poles either immediately builds like a beast around Justin or goes BPA, but they better have a plan for QB1.

With Harbaugh, you would trust the development path. At least I would. Caldwell intrigues me with his background in QB development but the rest of the guys need to win with the staff around them.

I know we all know that, I just hope this time they do right by their young QB.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toub is due for a shot. Main question for any and all those guys is their plan for development.

Poles either immediately builds like a beast around Justin or goes BPA, but they better have a plan for QB1.

With Harbaugh, you would trust the development path. At least I would. Caldwell intrigues me with his background in QB development but the rest of the guys need to win with the staff around them.

I know we all know that, I just hope this time they do right by their young QB.
One of the things DBB brought up was Chicago is a really good situation for a GM because you don't have to worry about the QB position for 2 seasons - Just build the roster -

Even if Fields busts you get another chance to get someone else-

Said he was instrumental in getting the O-Line together for KC this year and did well after all the departures last season.

He also said that Poles is real close to Dan Quinn- He thinks Quinn will be the guy unless he thinks he needs to brings in more.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
listen to this guy

DBB says DBB says DBB says

Like Bobby Boucher talking about his mama.

DBB says that alligators are ornery cause they got all them teeth but no toothbrush.
Harold Winman: Mama's wrong again!
Your Mom Lied — An Un-Orthodox Method for Flu Prevention | by Curtis  Hunnicutt | Medium

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I would be OK with that
I think this would be an interesting staff
HC: Toub
OC: Kevin O’Connell
DC: Desai (or try to lure Vic back)

I’m also very curious about Roman. Even more so than Daboll, tbh. Weird he hasn’t received a call.

Canth

Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not going to check your word and assume your 5/8 number is accurate, and it’s impressive. Better than I expected. It is interesting to me that more coaches in the NFL aren’t second or third time HCs if 5 of the 8 in the NFL have won Super Bowls.

People like shiny new things. I would assume that people are more picky when going with a guy for a 2nd time whereas you likely gamble on potential more with first timers and like the draft many of them end up busting.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
People like shiny new things. I would assume that people are more picky when going with a guy for a 2nd time whereas you likely gamble on potential more with first timers and like the draft many of them end up busting.
The only one that you'd want to kick the tires on is Quinn IMO. Seems like everyone else are more successful as coordinators in this years class. Caldwell could be intriguing, but even he would be a better suited as OC

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only one that you'd want to kick the tires on is Quinn IMO. Seems like everyone else are more successful as coordinators in this years class. Caldwell could be intriguing, but even he would be a better suited as OC

I am not overly enthused with any of them to be honest but at the end of the day I will roll with Poles and see what the results are.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It was really interesting listening to Nate Tice on the Hoge and Jahns podcast talking about the coaches (this was pre-Poles announcement). Just in terms of a fit to Fields and the Bears, he mentioned Quinn, Eberflus, and Leftwich.

He said Quinn is really easy and fun to work with and let's the OC do his thing. He doesn't micro manage. Mentioned that guys want to work with Quinn. Also pointed out that if Fields is what everyone hopes he becomes, he will get OC's promoted, so the next guy up will want to be the OC of Fields.

On Leftwich, he basically said that the scheme fits Fields. Concerns about experience, but also pointed out he has the actual NFL qb experience as well. He mentioned you would likely want to pair him with a veteran QB coach or OC that can take on the load of game-planning assuming that Leftwich remains a playcaller.

Finally, on Eberflus, I found it interesting that talked how Eberflus has adapted his defensive scheme to work the players he had. It wasn't straight cover 2. So, that was a bit encouraging.

But overall, they all agreed that there really isn't any sort of obvious HC hire that just knocks it out of the park and that is likely why no HC has been hired by anyone yet.

Link below: They had a KC guy on first talking about Poles and then Tice talking coaches and Fields.